Menu

Is there an Online Class for Proofs in Pure Mathematics **With Grading**

Gil

Is there an online class or tutor who will teach/grade proofs in pure mathematics?

We've been using Mathematical Proofs: A Transition to Advanced Mathematics, but there are a few topics where I won't be able to keep up with the grading work load for my kiddo and am considering hiring someone. I've placed an ad to my local university because this is something that is best done live/in-person, but just in case I can't find a RL person for the job, is there an online option that I should know about?

With this being summer, the response is going to be slow in coming. But I'd like to have a back-up plan worked out in case nothing catches locally.

Not an online class, but EMF is proof-based. If you haven't tried it, the first class, Operational Systems, is only $20 for the rest of August. https://www.elementsofmathematics.com/

ETA: I should mention that we are using it, and so far it's stuff my dd has seen and done, but the format is motivating for her and she's enjoying it. It gives her brain food without too much time investment on my part.

Edited by MamaSprout