Menu

What's with the ads?

Kinsa

T minus three and counting

We are T-9 for baby girl.  She is really excited to go, but dragging her feet on getting ready to leave.  I start school next week and I am tired of prodding her to get moving, especially when she needs stuff from me.  My dog is in mourning since my oldest left for grad school ... he isn't eating much and kind of mopes around.  I am in mourning, too.  Trying to shove down the anticipatory grief for dd in order to get stuff done and not make this time unpleasant for everyone.  

• Like 1

We dropped ds off yesterday. He's doing a wilderness trek they have for incoming freshmen. I did okay just a few teara ( but crazy anxiety about random details for the week before). Dd 9 started sobbing right at the final goodbye. That caught us all off guard and distracted us. Now he's no contact in the woods which is tough bc it feels different from scout camp. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driving ds #2 the eight hours to his destination tomorrow. Quick move in early Thursday morning and we’ll leave and take the other three kids to do some fun stuff. We can run him out shopping if necessary but he thinks he has everything. 

Oldest ds came into town to drive with us down to deliver his brother so that is nice. He’ll then return to school but on his own because he has a car. 

I’m busy getting ready to leave town for the four days. In the middle of everything this afternoon I stopped to bake chocolate muffins. I just needed chocolate. Lol.

No idea what emotions will hit when we drop him off. I am little nervous but not weepy. But he will be much farther away than his older brother is. 

• Like 3

Dd goes back on Sat. I am extremely emotional about it. I think it is oldest expecting his 4th and now lives hrs and hrs away, not having seen our oldest dd and her ds since early May, youngest ds moving to CA, and just finding out my 8 and 13 yo daughters' best friends are moving away. (I don't have the heart to tell until after Sat.)

Edited by 8FillTheHeart
  • Sad 2

We take our baby on Friday. The house will be so quiet with only me here when dh is at work! Thankfully, she will only be an hour away (older daughter is a 20+ hours drive away), so that makes things way easier!

After 20 years of homeschooling, I will be working on a new normal!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iamonlyone said:

We take our baby on Friday. The house will be so quiet with only me here when dh is at work! Thankfully, she will only be an hour away (older daughter is a 20+ hours drive away), so that makes things way easier!

After 20 years of homeschooling, I will be working on a new normal!

Oh, that's huge!  I hope it is a smooth transition.  Dh wants me to work for retirement after my baby graduates (9 years away).  I told him I will need to sleep for 6 months.  I hope that your first months are restorative and full of the peace of a job completed and well done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, freesia said:

Oh, that's huge!  I hope it is a smooth transition.  Dh wants me to work for retirement after my baby graduates (9 years away).  I told him I will need to sleep for 6 months.  I hope that your first months are restorative and full of the peace of a job completed and well done.

Thank you, Freesia, for the kind, encouraging words! It has been a crazy year (Mom died from pancreatic cancer last October), and I partly want to rest and regroup and partly want to jump right into some kind of employment to fend off the sadness that comes, along with the excitement, of seeing a child launch (and to help with college costs)! 

• Like 2