Menu

Teaching your child to read in 100 Easy Lessons

MicheleB

I don't think I've asked this before: What are your thoughts on this book?

I am using it for dss, 7 and 9, and for some reason it seems to really click with them. We are also using Explode The Code which they really like as well.

My main thoughts are: Considering that ds(s) have possible undiagnosed reading/language problems, am I possibly doing more harm than good using these for now? Or should I figure if they like it and are learning, it works for us? (We're on about Lessons 28 of 100 if that helps any...)

I know there are plenty of people who've had great success with it.

I tried it with my middle dd, but she had an auditory processing delay and she just couldn't do the exercises. I ended up using Reading Reflex with her and it worked beautifully.

I tried it with my youngest too. Actually, I tried LOTS and LOTS of things with my youngest. The problem for her was visual. While 100 Easy Lessons didn't work for her, Funnix level 2 (starts where 100 Easy leaves off and follows the same methodology) worked great.

If 100 Easy works for your boys, but you still need more instruction when they've finished it, then Funnix level 2 is what I'd recommend.

Thanks Angie.

I happen to have all the BOB books and the first readers that came with LLATL Blue, so today we got them out and I was pleasant surprised that ds could read one of the second set of books. Dot Has a Bag I think it was called. We had only got so far as the red books before... so I guess he's progressing some. And he read it fairly quickly (compared to usual)...