Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Wow, it's almost 5am and I have not slept.  I spent time trying to get ready for the kids' TKD belt test - making sure they have all their gear and it's clean.  I don't know what the kids did with the extra helmet I sent them with yesterday.  I had dug up an old one because one of my kids broke her chin strap.  So now I don't know if that extra will be available (the dojang may be closed because of testing).  So I am attempting to fix the broken one using gorilla glue.  Hope it works.

I also did a load of laundry.  And a little yoga.

I should try to sleep an hour or two.

To do:

• Pack TKD stuff.
  • Kid 1 to horse riding.
  • Kid 2 to math tutor.
  • Walk?  Or get caught up on work / school stuff?
  • Pick up kids, grab lunch and drive to an open house at the farm camp we are rehabbing.
  • Drive from there to the belt test location.
  • Belt test.
  • I don't know what after that.  Clean out closets?  AHG badge stuff?
  • What am I forgetting?
  • Like 6

Good morning!  DH, DS13, and I got up at 3 am and went to the neighboring town to go watch the Delta Heavy space launch - once we got there it was pushed to 4:30 am and then ultimately cancelled.  So today will probably consist of gallons of coffee and not much movement.  And then going back again in the middle of the night for the next attempt.

-coffee
-laundry DONE:  0
-purchase math curriculum for DS13 for next year
-make sure DS17 has all his school supplies purchased (school starts Wednesday for him)
-make sure DS13 is ready for his 2 co-op classes that begin Wednesday (Algebra II and Personal Finance for Teens)
-review upcoming Bio and Spanish lessons for DS13

-library to pick up and renew cards
-straighten up a bit
-workout (kickboxing and lower body weights)
-try to do some cooking prep for the week (make a pot of rice, grill some vegetables, cook some chicken breasts)
-dinner (grilled pork tenderloin)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Good morning! The girls got home safely last night, ds1 finalized his plans-he is leaving Monday and has resumes out to a few jobs (heading back to AR with his girlfriend for the next year). Ds3 has one more match today (consolation final against his doubles partner-fun!) and ds2 has the annual judo picnic. Some high school buddies of ds1 will be over for dinner tonight, I think. So it is a busy day here.

• coffee/paper
  • daily chores
  • online chores-bills, sports admin
  • write
  • figure out a side dish to bring for the picnic
  • get house mostly clean/head out to picnic
  • dinner (dh will grill, I think)

Have a great day!

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Pink and Green Mom said:

Good morning!  DH, DS13, and I got up at 3 am and went to the neighboring town to go watch the Delta Heavy space launch - once we got there it was pushed to 4:30 am and then ultimately cancelled.  So today will probably consist of gallons of coffee and not much movement.  And then going back again in the middle of the night for the next attempt.

Oh wow, that would put me in a cranky mood!

On a less exciting note, we saw the International Space Station when it passed over our house a few nights ago. That's the only spaceship action around these parts!

• Like 5

Good morning!
Ds is white water rafting in North Carolina today. He's had a lot of outdoor adventure this summer, so I hope he appreciates it. I feel like he's a little indifferent to  many things right now. I hope it's just a teen boy thing that he'll grow out of, though!

My dad sees an oncologist in a week and a half, so we hope to get a plan in place to figure out what kind of lymphoma he has  and how advanced it is. 

The List:

• plan school for the coming week, include looking over the tutoring I'll be doing
  • research taking care of the floor we just put down
  • get furniture pads to go underneath things
  • start putting things back in place and decide what to keep or change
  • shopping with dd
  • start coming up with a teaching plan for Awana 
  • meal plan and grocery list
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 5

I am so tired.  But I have one week before camp starts.  I'm actually all ready for camp but there is a lot to be done because we were gone from home for 9 days and then will be gone for another 7.  So. . .   to motivate myself - I have to do 3 things before coming back here to post - even if they are small things. 

• Like 5

Back from the judo picnic, dd2 went off with the car to see team friends. Dd1 and ds1 are working out at the Y. Ds2 and I are waiting for tennis to be over (had an extra doubles match) so we can drive to Mass later.

The house is a small mess, but I am not motivated to pick up other people’s stuff.

• Like 4