Menu

Suggestions for wording a suggestion? lol I mean...

Chris in VA

Suggestion to give dd for how to word her objections, and possible solutions for...

Her sweet roommate (she really likes her though they haven't met) wants to bring a TV for their dorm room. Dd is against that. I suggested she tell her roomie that she doesn't think it's a good idea, and would prefer no TV, but if she must, please bring headphones . I think that's reasonable. 

Any other ideas? Can you include exact wording of how you'd phrase the objection? 

"I don't really like the idea of a TV in the room because (insert reason you have not told us). If you do bring one, can you please bring headphones?"

It depends a little on why she is against it. Not enough space? Or worried about noise/distraction? For the latter, a computer is as bad, and the room mate will definitely have one of those.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest that she asks the roommate to use headphones when the tv or computer is distracting her. And she should bring a set for when she's watching audio on her computer. I wouldn't ask her not to bring one.