Menu

Common App question

daijobu

This is a required question for the college counselor in the "Homeschool" section.  

Please provide any information about the applicant's homeschool experience and environment that you believe would be helpful to the reader (e.g. educational philosophy, motivation for homeschooling, instruction setting, etc.).

I put this information into our School Profile.  I'm wondering if it is better to repeat that information here, or is it better to write: "See School Profile."  

• Like 1

Similarly, there is another question:

If the student has taken courses from a distance learning program, traditional secondary school, or institution of higher education, please list the course title and content, sponsoring institution, instruction setting and schedule, and frequency of interactions with instructors and fellow students (once per day, week, etc.). In addition, if the student has taken any standardized testing other than those listed on page 2 of the Common Application, please also describe below.

I have much of this information in our School Profile, labeled "Educational Partners."  I didn't include the schedule or "frequency of interactions" for each one, except in language that I copied for example from SOHS:  "Students and instructors discuss course materials at least twice a week using web-based video conferencing technology. "  

I really want to write "See School Profile" here but I don't want to send them searching for the answer if they expect it in one place.  Maybe I should remove it from the School Profile and put it into this field instead to avoid duplication?   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daijobu said:

This is a required question for the college counselor in the "Homeschool" section.  

Please provide any information about the applicant's homeschool experience and environment that you believe would be helpful to the reader (e.g. educational philosophy, motivation for homeschooling, instruction setting, etc.).

I put this information into our School Profile.  I'm wondering if it is better to repeat that information here, or is it better to write: "See School Profile."  

I also had answered that question in my school profile.  Since I wanted to make it more likely that they read my school profile, I simply wrote, "Please refer to the school profile report" in the space provided to answer that question.

• Like 1