Menu

Moving from WTM French to Breaking the Barrier French

My daughter did the online WTM French 1 last year, and had an A in the class.  I am considering switching to Breaking the Barrier French for this school year.  Do you think we could go straight into Breaking the Barrier French 2?

I'm not familiar with the WTM French, but I can tell you that BtB has a LOT of grammar. There are only three books total, and I know several years ago the publisher told me that would prepare them for SAT subject test and AP. We didn't do that, so I can't verify, but currently the description of the third book says, Our Level 3 / Advanced book targets students in their 3rd or 4th year of French. It is a text that highlights all the key grammar found on AP, SAT II, IB, or college placement tests. 

Neither of my kids finished the second book for sure, and both switched to dual enrollment at the University at that point. They didn't hit any substantial new material in grammar until the third semester of university - none in the first, one verb form I can't remember in the second.

Their site says Book 1 covers: nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, conjunctions, and prepositions; the present, passé composé, imperfect, and progressive tenses; formal commands. You can see the detailed table of contents at this link: 

http://www.tobreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FR-1-Student-Edition-PDF-table-of-contents.pdf

Edited by katilac