Menu

Clover Creek physics workload

What sort of time per week did your dc invest in Clover Creek physics?  I'm trying to plan for the upcoming year so I can balance out the workload for my ds.  He is a Junior this year and has had plenty of Algebra so I don't see math being a problem but he's had no prior physics exposure.

Clover Creek Physics workload and student age https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/584838-clover-creek-physics-workload-and-student-age/

I wrote how my oldest prepared for the sat physics subject test here https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/651967-clover-creek-physics-morningglory-sat-physics-does-work/

Edited by Arcadia
Edited for weird formatting on iPad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would this class lend itself well to a “weekend warrior” approach? Because it’s asynchronous (for the most part), I’m thinking it COULD work to listen to the live class recording Saturday morning then do a week’s worth of work Saturday/Sunday afternoons, for instance?

I know that personal preference would impact such a decision, but does this seem possible/desirable? My DD is going to have rather full weeks and I thought of presenting this as one option of how she could balance her workload.

Of course, we’re about to find out for ourselves as class begins in just over a week, but I thought I’d ask here for any BTDT advice.

Anything is possible, but it wouldn’t have worked for us. I think first of all the live course was the key for my child. He bonded with the teacher and with other students and that made all the difference. We still have Jetta test at home or to put another way we compare every other teacher to Jetta (oh, this person is great, but not as great as Jetta) and so far, nobody has been able to beat this test.

Also we used weekends for labs, and while they aren’t scheduled every weekend, when they were, it took enough time that any additional work would have been too much.

The homework load was I think around 45 minutes, sometimes more if he didn’t understand something. So you could split the work into two days and do it that way. I don’t think the text and problem sets are too much at all. It’s doable but we prefer more spread out approach to soak the material into the head.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

The homework load was I think around 45 minutes, sometimes more if he didn’t understand something. So you could split the work into two days and do it that way. I don’t think the text and problem sets are too much at all. It’s doable but we prefer more spread out approach to soak the material into the head.

Thanks for your input! Are you saying the homework load was around 45 minutes daily? (It almost sounds like you meant weekly, but that doesn’t seem right?) If daily, was that 45 minutes per day only on non-class days? Or five days per week, including the live class day?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

3 hours ago, fourisenough said:

Thanks for your input! Are you saying the homework load was around 45 minutes daily? (It almost sounds like you meant weekly, but that doesn’t seem right?) If daily, was that 45 minutes per day only on non-class days? Or five days per week, including the live class day?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

I would say 45 minutes daily (week days). I don’t remember now if we had a daily message during the class days. ? I think we did, but I am not 100% sure. 

Edited by Roadrunner