Menu

Science in the Ancient World

desertflower

We loved Science in the Beginning and were excited about Science in the Ancient World, but it just wasn't a good fit for us. It's a really high quality program and very solid, lots of good explanations and a simple but effective experiment/demonstration with every lesson, which we loved. We typically love Dr Wile and are enthusiastic about everything he does. But it turns out we prefer to study science by topic, not by time period.

Even though it didn't work out for us, it's still a really good program that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Like 2

Thank you both. 

I was wondering what were the experiments like?  So, what I really like about the samples is that light seemed to be in the subsequent experiments.  The experiments seemed to relate to each other.  Now I realize this could just be coincidence and that Science in the Ancient World may be different.  But wanted to ask if it was like that in Science in the Ancient World?  Do the experiments relate to each other?

Thanks.

I just purchased Science in the Beginning because it covers all the days of creation (similar to the sequencing in the Apologia Young Explorers series) but it's in one book.  My son hasn't had much formal science and so I thought that it may help him get "caught up" so we can move in to middle school science next year at 7th grade.   Have you used the first book in the series "Science in the Beginning"?  

• Like 1

No I have not. But it is one that i am considering.

I'm only considering science in the ancient world because we are doing sotw vol 1 in my co-op. Otherwise, I'd choose science in the beginning over sci in the ancient world since it comes first. And could do sci in the ancient world next year.

Just torn between this, sci in begin, elemental sci bio, and rso bio level 2.

50 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

Ok so I just looked at the samples from Science in the Beginning and SOTW.  If you wanted science to match up with history as much as possible (which I myself find appealing), I would do Science in the Beginning for the first 2/3 of SOTW, then move onto Science in the Ancient World once you reach Rome in SOTW.  IMO.

Thank you so much! That does eliminate sci in the ancient world.

But now I just found out that bfsu has a lesson guide! Decisions decisions.