Menu

Who’s going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

• school
  • I'm skipping office work for the day - yay!
  • do a lot of cleaning
  • plan an outing for the weekend
  • go through produce in fridge & use up anything getting squishy
  • go through subscribe and save list
  • charitable giving for month?
  • read
  • dinner: ?? maybe red lentil stew
  • Like 3

Good morning! dh and dd2 found a car last night, (yay!), so this morning involves all the stuff associated with that. Bank, returning rental, cleaning out the old car and arranging a tow, picking up the car, etc. We still have to get a rental to replace the car in the shop (rentals are few on the ground here due to tourist season and several hail storms) so we have that to figure out.  

• coffee/paper
  • write/jen things
  • daily chores
  • off with dh to do car errands
  • home at some point to figure out dinner/other chores
  • ds2 to judo

Have a great day!

• Like 3

Had to tell DD5 that her very first pet, a goldfish (won last night at carnival) died last night. She was very upset. 

Went to Youtube to learn more about the care of goldfish. Wow, things have changed since I was a kid.  DH knew of some of the changes.

Get new goldfish (2).

Some school.

Put rest of laundry away.

Pick up around the house.

Go to the pool.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mommyof1 said:

Had to tell DD5 that her very first pet, a goldfish (won last night at carnival) died last night. She was very upset. 

Went to Youtube to learn more about the care of goldfish. Wow, things have changed since I was a kid.  DH knew of some of the changes.

Get new goldfish (2).

Some school.

Put rest of laundry away.

Pick up around the house.

Go to the pool.

Aww, that's too bad. I wish goldfish weren't given away as prizes because they almost always die. We've had goldfish in the past and they require a large tank with a filter. The tank needs to be cleaned very frequently because they are messy fish.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am operating on not enough sleep. I had actually fallen asleep despite not having the most comfortable bed in a too hot room but dd woke me up at 4 am with a migraine. I cobbled together enough low-dose aspirin to get her asleep but wasn’t able to go back to sleep myself. 

Praying right now that you both can rest tonight and that the migraine goes away. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am operating on not enough sleep. I had actually fallen asleep despite not having the most comfortable bed in a too hot room but dd woke me up at 4 am with a migraine. I cobbled together enough low-dose aspirin to get her asleep but wasn’t able to go back to sleep myself. 

Jean, I hope you and dd are feeling better. Hopefully, you can snooze in the car today (if someone else is driving, of course!).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScoutTN said:

Mommyof1, so sorry about the goldfish! Ds asked for fish, but I don't want ro deal with the tank, replacing dead fish etc. 

Now he wants a lizard. Is that less work? Less expense?  

We've never had lizards, but I can definitely attest that fish tanks are a real pain to maintain. It was endless cleaning, hauling buckets of yucky water, buying test strips and all kinds of additives for the water... Plus, fish are always coming down with weird diseases and then you have to google to try to figure out what to do, and go buy fish medicine... I found it to be a real slog. I was sad when our last fish died, but secretly relieved that the era of the aquarium was over! 

• Like 4

• I slept all night last night, so a good start.
  • Got the kids up & off to day camp with a packed lunch (driver took them there, I will pick up and do the evening stuff).
  • Cleaned the kitchen and stuff.
  • Took a nap!
  • Did a little reading.
  • Got caught up on electronic communications.
  • Made this post.

To do:

• "Work" work.  I did little yesterday and really need to step it up.
  • Meet sister around lunchtime to pick up kid's new bridle so she can use it for the horse show.
  • Go work at a library near the kids' pickup location for day camp.
  • Pick up the kids and drive to horse barn and then vision therapy.  Grab McD along the way.
  • Hopefully take a walk during vision therapy.
  • School stuff that I didn't get to yesterday.
  • Whatever else gets done / whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Read-aloud (s)
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 3

Mommyof1, I'm so sorry about the goldfish! 

Jean, praying for you and dd!

Will you all please be praying for my dad and my sisters and me? He was just diagnosed with lymphoma. We don't know which kind yet because they didn't take enough for testing it and want to take more. He has a CT scan tomorrow that was already scheduled. He doesn't want to do chemo but would consider other treatment options. He lives in TN by himself, so I'm worried about that. If he would consider treatment in Atlanta, my sister and I live on opposite sides of it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3