Menu

Favorite stand mixer recipes/uses?

IvyInFlorida

I love using a stand mixer to make a pavlova....whipping the egg whites.  

The recipe I usually use is from Nigella Lawson.  I've been making it for 15 or so years now.  It involves egg whites, corn starch, white vinegar, and sugar for the meringue bit.  Then whipped cream (sometimes I whip it using the mixer...sometimes I cheat and buy it)....and fresh fruit.  So many good choices right now!

Let me see what I can find....

Hmmm...never made this one, but it looks good:https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chocolate-raspberry-pavlova

This looks a lot like my recipe: https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/prodigious-pavlova

I also like to use my stand mixer to make pizza dough.  We do Friday night pizza nights.  I vary the recipes.  Recently, I've been using this recipe:  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe-1921714

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

I haven’t tried it yet, but a lot of people use it to shred chicken.    Has to be way quicker than doing it by hand. 

I came to say it's awesome for shredding chicken. The chicken needs to be warm, and you have to be careful to not process it into paste. 

Otherwise, cookies, of various flavors, are popular around here. 

• Like 2

I use it for all my baking - cookies, cakes, brownies, etc. I use the dough hook for kneading bread. The whisk attachment for whipping egg whites or cream.  Just any recipe that calls for a lot of mixing, creaming, kneading.  A little recipe book came with mine, but there is nothing special or different about the recipes.  

• Like 1

Besides baking I use mine to make Chickpea Salad for sandwiches.  Smashing the chick peas used to be a pain so I didn't make it very often then I realized the stand mixer could work.

Drain a can or two of chickpeas and put in the bowl.  I use the paddle and start on low to smash them.  It can still be chunky just not still whole chickpeas.  Then I add the other ingredients...the same as you add for tuna salad. I use relish, onion, celery, and vegan mayo.

3 hours ago, marbel said:

A little recipe book came with mine, but there is nothing special or different about the recipes.  

The only way I know how to make mashed potatoes is following the recipe that came with my mixer 25 years ago! I don't make them often enough to remember it on my own, and I don't eat mashed potatoes myself, but everyone else says they're good.

• Like 1