Menu

What's with the ads?

SamanthaCarter

August frugalistas

5 hours ago, soror said:

I'm horribly behind but I have read everyone's updates. We decided to go ahead and put the kids in school, which starts in 5 days. It's been incredibly hectic and stressful getting it all sorted. They will be at 4 different schools with the way grades are separated. I got all the paperwork done and everyone is enrolled, dd1 still has a placement test to do. I got all their school supplies. I also got the girls some more clothes. Dd1 also got shoes which she needed anyway. Poor dd2 really needed clothes, should had already taken her shopping but she is good now. 

Thankfully dh has had some extra hours we hadn't planned for in our budget, I tried to watch for deals but I'm on a timeline-

School supplies for all 4 + backpacks and lunchboxes for 3 girls= $143

Clothes=

$110 at thrift stores for 30+ pieces;

$55 new Filas for dd1 (luckily had a pair of hand me down Filas in great shape for dd2 who had outgrown her shoes)

$11- JcPenney's- 2 pairs jeans, 2 t-shirts for dd2 (Mom had $20 rewards she let me use too);

$8- Marshalls- 2 pairs leggings for dd1

$20 - food while out and about doing 20 million errands this week

Groceries were $110 this week

So, it's been a big spending week. Most has been covered by extra work dh has already done and he should have some more extra hours to cover the rest. He is taking off this Saturday, he needs it, we all do. We are mentally and physically exhausted. I think I've got most everything bought but I'm guessing there might be some little things come up I haven't anticipated yet or don't know about.

I tried to do my VIPKID interview again. Another long story short- tech issues on my end and on their end they had my paperwork messed up so the Mentor wouldn't do it anyway.The phone guy was back again yesterday, still trying to figure out what is going on, they've replaced so much and keep thinking they have it but then there are more and more problems. Right now my brain is so fried it is just as well, phone guy says he'll be back out Monday w/ the Engineer. I'm going to try and postpone it. At this point it will be what it is, I'm over stressing about that, too many other things on my list. If it doesn't work out I'll sign up for subbing, pay is crap but the schedule is the same as the kids, so it is a good thing to do until I figure out what I want to do.

Oh my 4 schools. That is going to keep you busy. Hopefully they are close together and have times that work for you getting them there. 

Ugh about VIPKID.  That just stinks.  I hope it gets sorted out.  Or that you can sub.  I can't believe that pay stinks around you.  I have no idea how much it pays here. Where I used to live it was about $100 a day. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Oh my 4 schools. That is going to keep you busy. Hopefully they are close together and have times that work for you getting them there. 

Ugh about VIPKID.  That just stinks.  I hope it gets sorted out.  Or that you can sub.  I can't believe that pay stinks around you.  I have no idea how much it pays here. Where I used to live it was about $100 a day. 

On 8/11/2018 at 8:42 AM, BarbecueMom said:

Good luck to your kiddos at school this year!  Four different schools sounds stressful.  Are they close by and have similar start times?  This is my nightmare, that DS10 will end up going to high school, and then DS8 and DS5 will want to go too, and we'll have different schools and start times and buses and even different days off!  Where's that running around flailing emoji we used to have?

Yay for extra $$$ from work but boooo to mental and physical exhaustion.  DH has been kind of going through that this week, and I'm sure my being ill yesterday did not help at all.  One of those, "Is there a light at the end of the tunnel, or is that an oncoming train?"

Hope your internet issues get sorted out.  We spent a good hour at a party last weekend with everyone complaining about technical issues with their various internet providers.  Apparently they are all terrible.

The kid's schools stagger start and end times so it works out if I ever have to pick them up and drop them off, although they will be riding the bus most of the time. 

I got our budget sorted again, I think it will all work out since dh is making more than we had expected. I remembered I still have to buy ds a lunch box. I also think I want to get smaller water bottles to fit in their lunch box and some divider containers for packing their lunch, which will save in the long run b/c then I don't' have to worry about buying individual packed items. I still think my grocery budget might not be enough this month, not with having an extra week to buy for and now having school lunches to pack. I will try to economize where I can for lunches but I still think it will be a bit more than eating at home since the kids won't have microwave access. We'll see, it will take a bit to get it all sorted out and figure out works the best.

I'm doing what I can trying to save money but am not going to stress myself out, I've got enough on my mind.

Yep, dh didn't want to stop at Kroger. But that's okay, ds can take water or a thermos with lemonade or something for drinks (I had wanted to buy the capri suns on sale). He was worried about the milk and other items already in the car.

@sororMy son doesn't have access to a microwave at his cafeteria and I don't think it's that big of a deal. I hope you find something that works for you. I usually send the thermos on the side, but if I needed to I could fit it in the lunch box. It's a 12 oz and his lunch bag is not that large. I have a little mini food thing (https://cdni.llbean.com/is/image/wim/284974_34572_41) that I send sometimes with fresh fruit or pasta salad etc. It says you can store warm food in it up to 6 hours but I haven't used it for warm food so far. I got it a couple years ago when I had a gift card for the site so I didn't pay full price. I sprung for this model because I thought that the handle looked easier for ds to open than some of the other food containers I've seen.

We didn't stop at WM for the few items that WM did have ready for pick up (they totally screwed me over with delays on most of my order) so I didn't get to do the ziploc thing. I don't know if I'll have a chance now because offer has to be done by the 16th. I'm not sure I'm cleared to drive yet.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, heartlikealion said:

Yep, dh didn't want to stop at Kroger. But that's okay, ds can take water or a thermos with lemonade or something for drinks (I had wanted to buy the capri suns on sale). He was worried about the milk and other items already in the car.

@sororMy son doesn't have access to a microwave at his cafeteria and I don't think it's that big of a deal. I hope you find something that works for you. I usually send the thermos on the side, but if I needed to I could fit it in the lunch box. It's a 12 oz and his lunch bag is not that large. I have a little mini food thing (https://cdni.llbean.com/is/image/wim/284974_34572_41) that I send sometimes with fresh fruit or pasta salad etc. It says you can store warm food in it up to 6 hours but I haven't used it for warm food so far. I got it a couple years ago when I had a gift card for the site so I didn't pay full price. I sprung for this model because I thought that the handle looked easier for ds to open than some of the other food containers I've seen.

We didn't stop at WM for the few items that WM did have ready for pick up (they totally screwed me over with delays on most of my order) so I didn't get to do the ziploc thing. I don't know if I'll have a chance now because offer has to be done by the 16th. I'm not sure I'm cleared to drive yet.

No, it's not a big deal and really normal, it just changes things up a bit. At home we eat a lot of simple things and leftovers that wouldn't necessarily translate well to a lunch box, even if insulated and going to school they are going to want some snacks like everyone else and snack food is just more expensive. 

31 minutes ago, soror said:

No, it's not a big deal and really normal, it just changes things up a bit. At home we eat a lot of simple things and leftovers that wouldn't necessarily translate well to a lunch box, even if insulated and going to school they are going to want some snacks like everyone else and snack food is just more expensive. 

I think this would be the trickiest part about sending the kids to school, getting away from the relying on leftovers for lunches.   And talking my 10yo out of carrying a selection of hot sauces in his backpack to spice up his food.

Aldi may still have those bento-ish divided containers with the snap-on lids that could fit in a lunch box. 

These are big changes!  Even if you blow the budget getting the first couple weeks of lunches together, it will certainly get easier and cheaper and healthier as everyone settles in.

• Like 1

I bought granola bars and goldfish and ds has hardly used any of it his first week of school. He eats his sandwich and maybe some fruit or carrot sticks. I did splurge on a box of those character graham crackers and packed those in a ziploc one day. I did throw in a RC treat before and dh threw in a bag of chips before, but I'm finding that some of the sides can be made from things he'd eat here (ie. apple slices). Of course, most of the kids at his school are getting cafeteria food so it's not like he's sitting beside a kid with a bag of chips I guess. 

• Like 2

Some good deals on backpacks and boots

https://hip2save.com/2018/08/12/up-to-75-off-kids-womens-and-mens-original-muck-boots/

https://hip2save.com/2018/08/12/50-off-lands-end-backpacks-lunch-boxes-including-sale-items-backpacks-start-at-just-7/

This week has been a wash

$200 vet visit. Have to go back in a month for more stuff. 

Grocery store was $100 less than budget

The kids spent the weekend at auditions which were both no cost. 

Calculated how much we spent on dance this summer    Ouch

Decided not to do an intensive this week saved $800

• Like 2

Morning frugal ladies!

Kids are still in bed.  This is because I woke them up at 4am to see the meteor shower.  DD9 and DS5 loved it, though I think DS5 was more into looking for "baby dinosaurs" in the stars lol.  DD7 saw like two, thought they were cool, and then started falling asleep.   We still stayed out until it started to get light, then the kids went back to bed.  I need to wake them up soon.

In addition to the meteor shower, we took the kids fishing yesterday, and then then ran through the sprinkler at home.  Totally free kids entertainment.  (well, the water bill might disagree, but I am going to call if free since I probably won't see the water bill till October lol. )

Frugal on tap for today......not sure.  I still haven't ordered school books yet.  I also need to take something to a fed ex drop off location.  I kind of want to do the ziploc deal on swagbucks, and the fed ex drop off location is right next door to the walmart.  Thing is, I spent all the grocery money this week, which means using next week's grocery money for the ziploc deal.  Not sure that is all that frugal.  Anyway, I also need to mail the school notification letter, and since I want to make sure that has tracking etc, I need to go INTO the post office.  That however is in the opposite direction.  

Oh, on the frugal/not frugal food front....Yesterday DH made chicken noodle soup.  This was planned for.  What I FORGOT to plan for was the fact that DH uses TWO FULL BOXES of noodles to make this soup.  Every time.  *sigh*  We did have the noodles so that's not that big of a deal I guess.  It's just that the stockpile of pasta is carefully calculated to last a specific period of time and he messed that up lol.  I DID put it all up in the fridge (soup with noodles in it doesn't freeze well) and there were like NINE containers of leftover soup!  I am not a super huge fan of DH's soup, but DD9 loves it so she will probably have some for lunch today.  And DH took one to work today, he will probably have more when he gets home and not eat the dinner I have planned.   But the kids will so I am still making that.

And then, I forgot that we had pitched the stockpot we had before the move, so I had to go buy one.  We have money set aside for those types of purchases, but I had a specific one I planned to buy and didn't get it in time so I had to quickly spend money on the first one available at the store.  

Oh well.  I have stuff to do and kids are starting to wake up.

• Like 2

Y'all this year is zooming by.  I can't believe we are 1/2 way thru August already.  And I am NOT doing good, at all, on my money goals this year ?. I just keep trying.

Major screw up this month.  I forgot to pay the water bill.  I don't remember getting a late notice. (ds2 doesn't remember either and it is usually me or him that gets the mail in). Anyway we came home other day to no water.  I had to pay the reconnect fee to get it back on.  Doubled my bill. I feel so stupid.

Family birthday party other night.  They grilled to many burgers and bought to many buns.  They didn't want the excess and gave it to us.  Free lunch the next day and buns for a few more meals. (as sandwich or garlic bread)

The library has been my friend (always is).  Besides books I have been using getting on ancestry for free.  

• Like 2

I'm at $330 for the month on food.  Includes items needed for a team party and a birthday party, bagged ice, and a couple bulk things we ran out of (basmati rice).

We're going to Red Robin with my mom for lunch this week - she has a free burger coupon for her birthday, and apparently the kids can eat for $1.99 on Wednesdays right now (up to 3 kids per 1 adult entree).

Test results are back, and it's official.  Gallbladder is an utterly useless waste of abdominal space.  I guess I need to start planning ahead for surgery recovery.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm still working on stocking my pantry and freezer.  I bought 25# of organic rolled oats today.  I still need to get 25# of wheat berries....I have a lead on where I can get some (finally!).   Our grocery store had great sales on lunch meat, bottom round steak, and chicken breasts so I bought extra for the freezer. I underspent last week and went over this week, but it all balanced out. I'm hoping to get a bunch of zucchini in the freezer soon. I slice, blanche, chill, and flash freeze it.

• Like 2

Welp ... for better or worse, I signed up for the next big TKD family deal.  It's actually a good deal if you don't drop out.  For less than I pay per year for one kid's horse riding, I got unlimited TKD classes for all 3 of us until we are "masters."  That is a minimum of 6 years for the kids, 7 for me.  If we go through the program as fast as allowed, that's roughly $375 per year per person.  Plus they promised to throw in free uniforms and gear for the kids, which we would have needed to buy, as they are still using some of the things we got 5 years ago.  ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SKL said:

Welp ... for better or worse, I signed up for the next big TKD family deal.  It's actually a good deal if you don't drop out.  For less than I pay per year for one kid's horse riding, I got unlimited TKD classes for all 3 of us until we are "masters."  That is a minimum of 6 years for the kids, 7 for me.  If we go through the program as fast as allowed, that's roughly $375 per year per person.  Plus they promised to throw in free uniforms and gear for the kids, which we would have needed to buy, as they are still using some of the things we got 5 years ago.  ?

So you pay roughly $375/person/year or is that what it would cost before their promotion? Do you have a payment plan or have to pay up front? Eek I dunno about committing to 6 years of an extracurricular, but if your family is already invested, I can understand. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 6:20 PM, BarbecueMom said:

I'm at $330 for the month on food.  Includes items needed for a team party and a birthday party, bagged ice, and a couple bulk things we ran out of (basmati rice).

We're going to Red Robin with my mom for lunch this week - she has a free burger coupon for her birthday, and apparently the kids can eat for $1.99 on Wednesdays right now (up to 3 kids per 1 adult entree).

Test results are back, and it's official.  Gallbladder is an utterly useless waste of abdominal space.  I guess I need to start planning ahead for surgery recovery.

I'm sorry ? Ya for Red Robin my kids LOVE that place! 

On 8/13/2018 at 8:52 AM, Baseball mom said:

Y'all this year is zooming by.  I can't believe we are 1/2 way thru August already.  And I am NOT doing good, at all, on my money goals this year ?. I just keep trying.

Major screw up this month.  I forgot to pay the water bill.  I don't remember getting a late notice. (ds2 doesn't remember either and it is usually me or him that gets the mail in). Anyway we came home other day to no water.  I had to pay the reconnect fee to get it back on.  Doubled my bill. I feel so stupid.

Family birthday party other night.  They grilled to many burgers and bought to many buns.  They didn't want the excess and gave it to us.  Free lunch the next day and buns for a few more meals. (as sandwich or garlic bread)

The library has been my friend (always is).  Besides books I have been using getting on ancestry for free.  

(hugs) us Moms have lots on our brains, hope this month gets better for you.

On 8/13/2018 at 7:56 AM, mommyoffive said:

Some good deals on backpacks and bootshthttpThis week has been a wash

$200 vet visit. Have to go back in a month for more stuff. 

Grocery store was $100 less than budget

The kids spent the weekend at auditions which were both no cost. 

Calculated how much we spent on dance this summer    Ouch

Decided not to do an intensive this week saved $800

Ya for the good, boo for the bad! 

On 8/13/2018 at 8:14 AM, happysmileylady said:

Morning frugal ladies!

Kids are still in bed.  This is because I woke them up at 4am to see the meteor shower.  DD9 and DS5 loved it, though I think DS5 was more into looking for "baby dinosaurs" in the stars lol.  DD7 saw like two, thought they were cool, and then started falling asleep.   We still stayed out until it started to get light, then the kids went back to bed.  I need to wake them up soon.

In addition to the meteor shower, we took the kids fishing yesterday, and then then ran through the sprinkler at home.  Totally free kids entertainment.  (well, the water bill might disagree, but I am going to call if free since I probably won't see the water bill till October lol. )

Frugal on tap for today......not sure.  I still haven't ordered school books yet.  I also need to take something to a fed ex drop off location.  I kind of want to do the ziploc deal on swagbucks, and the fed ex drop off location is right next door to the walmart.  Thing is, I spent all the grocery money this week, which means using next week's grocery money for the ziploc deal.  Not sure that is all that frugal.  Anyway, I also need to mail the school notification letter, and since I want to make sure that has tracking etc, I need to go INTO the post office.  That however is in the opposite direction.  

Oh, on the frugal/not frugal food front....Yesterday DH made chicken noodle soup.  This was planned for.  What I FORGOT to plan for was the fact that DH uses TWO FULL BOXES of noodles to make this soup.  Every time.  *sigh*  We did have the noodles so that's not that big of a deal I guess.  It's just that the stockpile of pasta is carefully calculated to last a specific period of time and he messed that up lol.  I DID put it all up in the fridge (soup with noodles in it doesn't freeze well) and there were like NINE containers of leftover soup!  I am not a super huge fan of DH's soup, but DD9 loves it so she will probably have some for lunch today.  And DH took one to work today, he will probably have more when he gets home and not eat the dinner I have planned.   But the kids will so I am still making that.

And then, I forgot that we had pitched the stockpot we had before the move, so I had to go buy one.  We have money set aside for those types of purchases, but I had a specific one I planned to buy and didn't get it in time so I had to quickly spend money on the first one available at the store.  

Oh well.  I have stuff to do and kids are starting to wake up.

Sounds like you guys get soup all week ?

Gah, I keep having this thread freeze up, I couldn't get it to work yesterday at all.

Saturday we went to the city, on the way home we stopped for ice cream, our potluck meal was pretty sparse and we were all a bit hungry still. 

I dont' remember when I last posted. This week has been a small pinch calmer but still very busy. Monday I mostly waited around the house all day for a call from the MS counselor, in the evening we went in for dd1 and dd3's Open House, stopped by 10 Box on the way home for to pick up a very nutritious GF Corndog supper, however on the plus side our cost per person was just $1 or so, so that is on par for normal meals, we also got $2.50ish in taffy for a treat for everyone ?

Tuesday I had 3!!! trips to town. In the AM for dd's Ortho appt- that was just back and home, lunch time for dd1's testing- I stayed in and visited with a friend. We went to Goodwill and Starbucks. I spent some of my $20 spending money and $20 on some more clothes for the kids. I found dd1 a pair of shorts and leggings, I think I'll be returning the shorts though. I found dd2 another pair of jeans that fit perfect, a pack of 2 new belts (she needs them with her skinny waist) and a pair of Converse in the next size up in great shape, I found a pair of shorts and jeans for dd3, and a Nike DriFit top for ds. I went to Aldi's and bought 4 lunch divider containers for the kids, they were $4 each, they had some nicer ones but they were $8 each and I think these will work. On the way home we stopped by Krogers to pick up some sale items. I spent $35- bought various sale items- most of it snack stuff for lunches plus a mark down GF waffle for $1.34 and a GF pizza for emergencies and a stash of sale chocolate for my mental health. I had dh stop at Aldi's b/c they had a 12 pack of housebrand pizza pockets for $6.5, he takes those for lunch if we don't have enough leftovers. On the way home I stopped by the house where I'm dogsitting. Came back home roasted some chicken and potatoes for dinner and went back in for ds' Open House.

Today I've just got 2 trips to town- 1 to take dd1 back to see where her teacher was- they are supposed to finally assign her today so I told her I'd take her so she could see her exact room instead of having to ask someone, it's a pretty good size school with 400 kids in her grade and several classes so she is a bit nervous about that. I'm hoping to grocery shop when I go in for that, I don't need a ton but I'll have to inventory the basics. I might do a Wal-Mart pick-up, it is free and they have $10 off your first order. They have GF bread just a bit cheaper and jasmine rice the cheapest (if you buy in 20# bag). In the evening we've got open house for dd3 and then that's it, they start school tomorrow!

Also, some leads on a few jobs, we'll see if I can muster the guts to go by the K Center and try to speak to the Principal!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

So you pay roughly $375/person/year or is that what it would cost before their promotion? Do you have a payment plan or have to pay up front? Eek I dunno about committing to 6 years of an extracurricular, but if your family is already invested, I can understand. 

I choose to pay up-front when I can, because for me, it is better than worrying about remembering to pay the bills on time and avoid late fees / nastygrams etc.

I agree 6 years is a long time, but it would have worked out similar had I paid yearly for the next 2 years.  So essentially 4 years is free if you look at it that way.  I do think we will get the value one way or another.  It includes not just martial arts but also fitness classes, which are popular with old ladies like me.  If I never reach Master, I will still be free to go attend the classes indefinitely.

When I signed up for the black belt level plan, which was approximately half the price, I worried that we wouldn't use it all and it would be a waste.  But in fact we used it for 5 years (will be 6 for me, maybe more) instead of the standard 3.  It is nice to be able to just show up when it works without renewing etc.

• Like 5

August has been a mixed bag so far. 

August 4th is our anniversary.  Dh planned a get-away for us in Pacific Grove.  Normally it is prohibitively expensive but he got about 65% off because he paid back in May for a Sunday-Tuesday (not prime vacation days) deal.  We kept things inexpensive by packing foods from home when possible and sharing entrees when we ate out.  Monday night just happened to be a farmer's market/ street fair, so we ate some fantastic food pretty cheaply.  We borrowed guest passes to the Monterey Bay.  One thing I like to do when we visit very expensive areas is to check out the thrift stores.  I found a fancy designer scarf that was exactly what my outfit needed for $1, I found a Bible from 1814 in Dutch (dh's ancestors are from Holland and we have the old wooden shoes to prove it :)) and I found a cool graphic novel that ds has been looking for for $.25.

On the not so frugal side it is time to start up regular dance classes which means new togs.  Tights, leos, leggings, shorts and on Saturday, pointe shoes.  

Amber in SJ

• Like 5

Total at Red Robin today for 2 adults and 3 kids, including tip, was $24.17 - less than $5 a person!  $1.99 bottomless meals for the kids, free burger for my mom, the cheapest burger for me (less for money reasons and more for "I can't eat flavor" reasons), and water to drink.  I did splurge on Starbucks this morning - free drink for my mom (she's got this birthday freebie business down pat), juice for the kids, and a small drink for me.

I bought most of the food and supplies for the birthday "girls retreat"... ~$100 so far.  I'm bringing lunch for the winery trip (meat and cheese sandwich tray, cheese/sausage/cracker tray, fruit and veggies), dinner at a friend's cabin (burgers and brats, baked beans, potato salad), snacks/dessert, and breakfast for the next morning (Costco bakery stuff).  A couple of the others are bringing the booze.  There will be six of us, but some of that will end up back at home as leftovers for next week, I'm sure.

I had a frugal fail turn into an unexpected win this morning.  I tried to make more homemade coffee creamer.  Put the sugar and water on the stove to make the vanilla syrup... and walked away.  And forgot about it, until DH said, "Uh, were you making something in here?"  Oops.  I poured the rest of an open container of heavy cream in it, stirred it up, and ended up with a very nice jar of homemade caramel sauce.  There's still some ice cream left from this weekend, so maybe they can use the caramel sauce on that.  Or I can make some bread pudding or oatmeal.

I didn't end up buying any decorations for the party, but my two youngest kids came through for me.  Made a "Happy Birthday" banner and several Minecraft-related decorations to tape around the living room.  Good enough for me!

• Like 2

Ds said that lunch is free at school and I wanted to hear from the horse's mouth but I don't know if dh ever got a chance to ask and my phone is mia. Well he had asked a teacher something one morning and they said so and so would get back to him. I told ds to just eat in the cafeteria and we'd settle the bill if there was one. It does appear that everyone gets free breakfast and lunch though so I'll encourage him to eat there if that's the case. One less thing for us to pack and save some money. I have been packing lunches for dh and for the most part it's been working out. I've been cooking/baking a lot lately (well, for me it's a lot ha) and ds told me my cooking has improved. I've been primarily using my pyrex containers for dh's lunches. I seem to have every size lol. Because I can't find my phone I haven't uploaded any receipts for the past few days. I should at least do the Walmart Savings Catcher one. I think you can still upload those on the PC. 

BAH!  Had lunch out again yesterday.

This weekend when I am grocery shopping, I am going to buy a bunch of quick and easy junk for lunch. I just hate dealing with lunch

I forgot my lunch when I went to work on Monday, and got a really decent lunch for cheap at Eartfare’s hot bar! I got a mini italian meatloaf and loads of roasted veggies. Then I went to McDs for thier $1 large sweet tea. About $6.75 total. ?

• Like 1

Went to Walmart for a few things of course forgot 3 things that I was there for, because I was with all the kids and they were nuts. Spent 100 some bucks.  Scored some free with coupon dog treats.  I will go back for more. 

Spent $46 on socks and tights for the girls.  Sounds nuts but they had the color tights that they need for dance.  They were on mark down so I got tons.  I hope that is a enough for them all year.  I know that a few weeks back they were on mark down and I probably should have just gotten a lot more at that time.  Oh well. They were on sale for 3 for 3.50.  If I buy tights at the studio they are $9-14 bucks a pair and if I order them online they are usually $4.  So it was  a good deal.  

Took all the kids to the dentist.  $1400 all covered.  I like to make use of the dental insurance.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happysmileylady said:

BAH!  Had lunch out again yesterday.

This weekend when I am grocery shopping, I am going to buy a bunch of quick and easy junk for lunch. I just hate dealing with lunch

Hope you can figure something out. Dh bought a jumbo can of chicken. I'm not a huge fan of canned chicken, but in some dishes it works and it's pretty affordable. So, I'm going to use some for a chicken salad and then portion the rest into the freezer I guess. I did waste the last can by accident (left it out). I hope we can go to WM today to get the freezer bags, but in the meantime I've been using what I have/double bagging. Today is the last day of the ziploc offer. Dh will probably be so exhausted (from working doubles earlier this week) that he may not want to drive. *If* we go out tonight I want to redeem our certificate from restaurant.com (spend $X, save $X). We never seem to have it when we're out or it's a really inconvenient time to pick up food lol. 

I canceled our Time4Learning. I have a PDF of the language arts sections (grades) and I decided not to worry about previous records. Ds didn't use T4L for 3rd grade and did math offline for 4th. I'm going to try to utilize free/cheap things for dd for now. 

On dh's swagbucks account he got a message that he could earn an extra $5 SB credit for making a purchase through "Shop" as long as it was worth 25 sb. I bought some stuff we were going to buy anyway (non food) and scheduled it to come to our house. With our membership we qualify for free shipping on several items. You can't get the credit if you do ship to store. If this works out I'll start doing this more often (well the bonus is rare, but we'll get points this way). I also noticed a huge container of ALL detergent on their site. I don't need detergent right now but I did the math and it looks like a good deal so I can order it that way in the future. Some items won't ship to home (I had hoped to ship a case of water lol). I might keep my old bottle though in case it's too hard to get the liquid out of the large container. 

Two kids need a sports physical this week so that's going to be about $80.  I listed a few books and pieces of curriculum on FB and was able to sell enough to cover it.  At some we'll run out of things to sell, but it's a nice way to offset some of the random costs lately.  We looked through everything and realized we'll have enough to pay off DD1's braces at the beginning of September!  It's not a huge amount and it's 0 interest BUT its one of a couple little payments that are adding up to make our budget a little too tight for comfort.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heartlikealion said:

Hope you can figure something out. Dh bought a jumbo can of chicken. I'm not a huge fan of canned chicken, but in some dishes it works and it's pretty affordable. So, I'm going to use some for a chicken salad and then portion the rest into the freezer I guess. I did waste the last can by accident (left it out). I hope we can go to WM today to get the freezer bags, but in the meantime I've been using what I have/double bagging. Today is the last day of the ziploc offer. Dh will probably be so exhausted (from working doubles earlier this week) that he may not want to drive. *If* we go out tonight I want to redeem our certificate from restaurant.com (spend $X, save $X). We never seem to have it when we're out or it's a really inconvenient time to pick up food lol. 

I canceled our Time4Learning. I have a PDF of the language arts sections (grades) and I decided not to worry about previous records. Ds didn't use T4L for 3rd grade and did math offline for 4th. I'm going to try to utilize free/cheap things for dd for now. 

On dh's swagbucks account he got a message that he could earn an extra $5 SB credit for making a purchase through "Shop" as long as it was worth 25 sb. I bought some stuff we were going to buy anyway (non food) and scheduled it to come to our house. With our membership we qualify for free shipping on several items. You can't get the credit if you do ship to store. If this works out I'll start doing this more often (well the bonus is rare, but we'll get points this way). I also noticed a huge container of ALL detergent on their site. I don't need detergent right now but I did the math and it looks like a good deal so I can order it that way in the future. Some items won't ship to home (I had hoped to ship a case of water lol). I might keep my old bottle though in case it's too hard to get the liquid out of the large container. 

If you do it...

The offer says ANY ziploc products.  So rather than get bags, which I already have plenty of, I got 2 of the packages of the small square containers.  The bags were like $2.60 each, but the containers were only $1.99.  And I actually did need those.  So take the time to go around the store and find the best deal for the offer.  

Having said that, they still haven't approved my SBs so....

Today...........we are driving nowhere.  We will be spending money because I *HAVE* to order books today.  But no driving.

Speaking of driving, I ran some analysis the other day.  I think it's going to be cheaper to get gas at Costco instead of Speedway.  I have been watching prices and Costco is consistantly 25c to 30c cheaper.  Which would seem like a no-brainer but since I get free gas with the speedy rewards, I had to do some figuring.  According to my speedy rewards app, I am getting about $50 in free gas a year.  Ok, that's quite a bit of free gas.  

So a while back ago I set my trip meter on the car to track how many miles I drive in a typical month.  Once I factor in the gas mileage on the van, I tend to run about 30 gallons of gas a month, give or take.  SO....Costco is about 25c cheaper per gallon so that works out to be about $7.50 a month in savings.  Multiply by 12 months and that's $90 in savings.  That's still $40 more than the $50 in free gas I am averaging at Speedway.

I use a gift card for gas so I guess next month I will be putting my gas money on a Costco card instead of a Speedway card.  I will still leave some on a Speedway card just in case since those are easier to find than Costcos lol.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happysmileylady said:

If you do it...

The offer says ANY ziploc products.  So rather than get bags, which I already have plenty of, I got 2 of the packages of the small square containers.  The bags were like $2.60 each, but the containers were only $1.99.  And I actually did need those.  So take the time to go around the store and find the best deal for the offer.  

Having said that, they still haven't approved my SBs so....

We don't use plastic storage in the fridge really unless the product came in it (ie. deli meat) so I hate keeping it around when I'm not using it but I could see it maybe being no better/worse than a gallon bag for freezing. 

They take forever to credit SBs so I don't know when you will see it pending. I don't even see our Sam's order pending yet. I did screen shot the offer though just in case I have to submit a ticket. We have pending credit for the Graze boxes and some other things. I signed dh up for the Betty Crocker emails (that wasn't one of my offers) and I signed up for the "win Penguin books" offer for 40 pts. I clip coupons for points but sometimes I don't think they credit. Swaggo is going on right now but I can't find my phone to play Swag IQ for extra spins on the spin n win. 

ETA: I plan on redeeming a digital coupon with my receipt to get $1 back on the ziploc bags (at least for one transaction). For the other, I have paper coupons but not sure if that will throw off the SB credit (says not compatible with other promotions... hopefully coupon doesn't count as promotion). 

Edited by heartlikealion

4 minutes ago, heartlikealion said:

We don't use it in the fridge really unless the product came in it (ie. deli meat) so I hate keeping it around when I'm not using it but I could see it maybe being no better/worse than a gallon bag for freezing. 

They take forever to credit SBs so I don't know when you will see it pending. I don't even see our Sam's order pending yet. I did screen shot the offer though just in case I have to submit a ticket. We have pending credit for the Graze boxes and some other things. I signed dh up for the Betty Crocker emails (that wasn't one of my offers) and I signed up for the "win Penguin books" offer for 40 pts. I clip coupons for points but sometimes I don't think they credit. Swaggo is going on right now but I can't find my phone to play Swag IQ for extra spins on the spin n win. 

ETA: I plan on redeeming a digital coupon with my receipt to get $1 back on the ziploc bags (at least for one transaction). For the other, I have paper coupons but not sure if that will throw off the SB credit (says not compatible with other promotions... hopefully coupon doesn't count as promotion). 

I specifically avoided using coupons on the ziploc just in case.  

• Like 1

Well we got a surprise $1800 check from our old mortgage company.  It is what was in our escrow account,  I swear that amount was listed in the paperwork as being part of the total check they wrote us at closing but I guess I was wrong.  It is going straight into savings. 

I went to purchase two tickets to hear Neil Gaiman talk in May. This was going to be dh's bday gift for next year.  Sadly, they were basically sold out before they even went on sale because of a presale that was held.  So, that is $100 not spent.  I'm disappointed but I'll try to be positive and mark it a win in the frugal column.

No fails so far this week. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

I specifically avoided using coupons on the ziploc just in case.  

If you have a coupons dot com account and add walmart as a linked store you can clip the digital which you redeem after leaving the store and therefore it won't show on your printed receipt when you submit to Swagbucks. I just double checked and they have a ziploc coupon for both containers and bags (different coupons). 

38 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Well we got a surprise $1800 check from our old mortgage company.  It is what was in our escrow account,  I swear that amount was listed in the paperwork as being part of the total check they wrote us at closing but I guess I was wrong.  It is going straight into savings. 

I went to purchase two tickets to hear Neil Gaiman talk in May. This was going to be dh's bday gift for next year.  Sadly, they were basically sold out before they even went on sale because of a presale that was held.  So, that is $100 not spent.  I'm disappointed but I'll try to be positive and mark it a win in the frugal column.

No fails so far this week. 

So nice!!!  Surprise money is the best. 

• Like 2

I spent my amazon rewards points this week---a new Cuisinart food processor with a 6 mm slicing blade (the perfect width for cucumbers) and a couple of pans for my instant pot.  I borrowed a very similar Cuisinart from the library (it offers a library of things) to make sure I liked how it worked and I really loved it.  I have rheumatoid arthritis and while using a plain knife has worked up until now, a food processor is becoming more of a need than a want. I had owned one previously until it broke, and then had gone without for several years. 

I'm working on a new menu plan for the fall.  We're packing lunches for four people and snacks for six people, so I suspect that I will be using both of my instant pots in the morning---one for oatmeal or egg casserole and the other for soup so that I can pack hot thermoses a few days a week.  The food has to be piping hot and going into a pre-heated thermos so I should probably replace my kettle also. It is 20 years old, and has started to leak.  It will be nice to get back into the habit of drinking my red raspberry leaf tea in the morning anyway.  I can use the extra minerals. ? I'll just pre-heat the thermoses and pour myself a cup.

I'm not looking forward to getting up at 5 am again. I've gotten lazy this summer.

• Like 1

Ok frugal friends, how do we do Universal studios in Orlando on the cheap?  If we go, we will be driving and it will be at Christmastime. But that is the extents of our plans so far. we know we are going away for Christmas and that it will be by car, so dh suggested Universal. I'm not completely sold on the idea, I'd rather do some nature themed things but I also can squeeze that in on the drive up if we stay somewhere halfway there.  But I told him I'd research how to do it on the cheap.

So, anyone have any suggestions. Maybe for a good rewards card I could sign up for that would help pay for hotel stay. or just tips in general.  I've heard tickets aren't really something that you can save on, is this true? thanks all.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Ok frugal friends, how do we do Universal studios in Orlando on the cheap?  If we go, we will be driving and it will be at Christmastime. But that is the extents of our plans so far. we know we are going away for Christmas and that it will be by car, so dh suggested Universal. I'm not completely sold on the idea, I'd rather do some nature themed things but I also can squeeze that in on the drive up if we stay somewhere halfway there.  But I told him I'd research how to do it on the cheap.

So, anyone have any suggestions. Maybe for a good rewards card I could sign up for that would help pay for hotel stay. or just tips in general.  I've heard tickets aren't really something that you can save on, is this true? thanks all.   

A few thoughts:

1. Check to see if there are any booking deals left.  Sometimes staying on site offers discounts.  It looks like they have a number of them on the Universal website right now.

2. Check various vacation rentals.  Sometimes there are good deals to be found.

3. Check the Hampton Inn that is nearby. We actually stayed there last time we went.  They offer a free shuttle to Universal. We ended up not using it, and just paying for parking because we needed the freedom to come and go as we pleased (ie--go to the grocery store).  But, by staying at the Hampton, we got a free huge breakfast each morning. The suite style rooms can hold up to six. They also come with a sink and a mini fridge (and I think a microwave too, but we don't use those.)  We packed a kitchen crate with our instant pot, and used the local grocery store to shop for ingredients. I brought a cutting board, knife, wooden spoon, and a few things.  We ate breakfast on site, packed snacks with us during the day, and ate dinner at the hotel.  We *did* eat lunch at Universal.....in both Harry Potter restaurants. This was a huge thing for us in terms of enjoyability.  There is a Papa John's pizza close to Universal as well.....if you check their deals, sometimes that can be a good cheap dinner as well. We stayed 10 days in FL last time (we also did Disney World). I think our per night rate at the Hampton worked out to be about $100/night.  

We saved the most money by 1. not flying everyone, 2. not having a vehicle rental, and 3. eating only lunch in the parks.  The Three Broomsticks has a family meal deal which also had a pretty good value. 

(Expect that someone is going to want to buy an interactive wand and budget for it....I think we spent $50ish.)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Are or were either you or your DH in the military?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

FWIW, Universal Studios is still something my kids talk about. Disney World is not. ?  We are huge Harry Potter fans. 

Oh, I have zero interest in Disney World.  That will not be a place I spend our money on. But we are huge Harry Potter fans and theme park fans, so I can completely get behind Universal.  I just also really want to go somewhere with beautiful nature. I think if we can do Universal for a good price I'll pick it. We may have lodging for free so that'll be a huge savings if we do.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

A few thoughts:

1. Check to see if there are any booking deals left.  Sometimes staying on site offers discounts.  It looks like they have a number of them on the Universal website right now.

2. Check various vacation rentals.  Sometimes there are good deals to be found.

3. Check the Hampton Inn that is nearby. We actually stayed there last time we went.  They offer a free shuttle to Universal. We ended up not using it, and just paying for parking because we needed the freedom to come and go as we pleased (ie--go to the grocery store).  But, by staying at the Hampton, we got a free huge breakfast each morning. The suite style rooms can hold up to six. They also come with a sink and a mini fridge (and I think a microwave too, but we don't use those.)  We packed a kitchen crate with our instant pot, and used the local grocery store to shop for ingredients. I brought a cutting board, knife, wooden spoon, and a few things.  We ate breakfast on site, packed snacks with us during the day, and ate dinner at the hotel.  We *did* eat lunch at Universal.....in both Harry Potter restaurants. This was a huge thing for us in terms of enjoyability.  There is a Papa John's pizza close to Universal as well.....if you check their deals, sometimes that can be a good cheap dinner as well. We stayed 10 days in FL last time (we also did Disney World). I think our per night rate at the Hampton worked out to be about $100/night.  

We saved the most money by 1. not flying everyone, 2. not having a vehicle rental, and 3. eating only lunch in the parks.  The Three Broomsticks has a family meal deal which also had a pretty good value. 

(Expect that someone is going to want to buy an interactive wand and budget for it....I think we spent $50ish.)

Thank you for the info! I checked the booking deals on the site and the prices were insane!  I will check out Hampton Inn, thank you.

We are certainly the family that does cooking at hotels and bringing snack to save on food.

• Like 1

So, Friday evening...

Frugal/Not Frugal.

Went skating again.  Completely and totally free.  I just about can't believe that they let all 4 of us in for free.......they don't even ask me to pay.  We bring our skates and we are good to go!  This time, we didn't even buy anything to drink, just water fountain.  

I have decided however that I need a "skating purse."  Or, skating wallet at least.  I haven't seen any signs about not bringing in outside food or drink, and the last time I was there, there were people with their own water bottles and such.  So I am wondering....maybe I can stock some water bottles or juice boxes or something in my purse, and put my phone, and some cash, important cards, into a little wristlet that I can carry out on the rink and leave my purse, with just water bottles and stuff, at the seats with shoes and stuff.

But anyway, yeah, skating for free....totally frugal.  

Not frugal......ordered school books.  All totally full price.  Had to be done, necessary expense but I just didn't go looking for the best deal.  

• Like 2

Well, I have 4 stores to shop at tomorrow but partly to save money on weekly groceries. The extra one is right off the road on my way back from the main one so it's not like it costs extra driving time or gas. Then the meat market and pet store. Hope my list keeps me in line. Also, menus planned for the week for the first time in awhile.  If I remember I'm shopping for 126 meals it makes it not seem so bad.  ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hjffkj said:

Thank you for the info! I checked the booking deals on the site and the prices were insane!  I will check out Hampton Inn, thank you.

We are certainly the family that does cooking at hotels and bringing snack to save on food.

we haven't been to Universal since none of my kids are Harry Potter fans.  But I just read this blog post yesterday. 

https://wanderlustcrew.com/ultimate-guide-visiting-wizarding-world-harry-potter/

Edited by mommyoffive
  • Like 2

Thank goodness, they offered a new ziploc time frame on Swagbucks so we can try to do it next weekend. Today dh bought some freezer bags but they were another brand. I did look at the freezer storage set at Sam's Club (glass with plastic lids that snap on, unlike our pyrex lids). We decided not to buy them as we don't need that many new containers. I might put the freezer containers on my Christmas wish list, like a set of 3 or something. 

I collected receipts from shopping today and used Savings Catcher, ibotta, Fetch Rewards, Coupons dot com app, and Shopkick. I earned money back this weekend from a mobile shopping link through ibotta (earned $5 plus 5% back because the category was clothing (underwear that we were planning on buying anyway lol). Then I noticed that Shopkick has online shopping and the kicks/per dollar looked like it would be better than swagbucks for Walmart so I ordered some stuff there (ds decided he does need a new backpack afterall). I bought some other items online that we could have picked up in store, but this way I got points (mouthwash, paper plates). I unlocked another offer on ibotta so all together it looks like I earned nearly $9 this week from the app. I cashed in a Shopkick gift card and fetch gift card for Amazon and got a DK PreK science book for dd. Remaining cost was under $1. 

We ate out today which was a little bit of a loss, but I talked dh into eating at the snack bar at Sam's which was probably cheaper than where he wanted to go (Firehouse Subs). 

I want to make some holiday wreaths. I don't know if dh read the wrong price tag but he thought the pool noodles were $3 at WM and they rang up .94 so I was excited about that. I had looked for pool noodles at Dollar Tree, but they said they've been gone a while. We actually beat the DT price lol. 

I signed dh up for the Gillette razor offer. I had to talk him out of the Gillette box of 52 razors for $25 at Sam's today. I was like please, can we hold off on this. I offered him some disposable razors I had at the house that never made it to a donation drive and then did the Swagbucks deal. I spent $7 on that offer and will earn 4000 SB ($40 GC). They don't ship more for a few months so if he really likes it, I'll keep the subscription. If not, I'll cancel. 

I know we've had some losses this month but I'm trying to focus on the wins Lol. Our new flex spending plan will start up in Sept. but all these current bills won't apply. Just gotta get over this hump with medical stuff and then the rest of the year should be less painful medical-wise (I hope). 

• Like 1

It's been blissfully quiet the last few days and the spending has finally slowed down as we've gotten everyone prepared for school.

Wins: Dh got 8gb of RAM from a computer they were throwing out at work

My uncle gave my parents an entertainment center, they kept the side shelves but gave the tv cabinet to me. I had been wanting a smaller one for ages and it fits perfect (and is nice solid wood in great shape to boot). I'll move my current one, that is too big for the way my living room is now configured to downstairs. I'm trying to sell my downstairs one for a few bucks but it has some blemishes and is a different style, we'll see if I get anything out of it.

Dh worked 1.5 hours extra Friday and 8 hours OT yesterday, he's now worked more than enough extra to make up for the money spent sending the kids to school.

I'm currently doing a little dogsitting job which will finish Tuesday, I think I'll be giving the girls some of the proceeds b/c they've jumped right in to help.

We are switching from one of our OTC to a scrip med b/c the OTC was not working and it is 1/3-1/4 the cost.

DD1 had an ortho appt and I put the payment on the HSA card, only $185 to go and her braces are paid off.

Fails:

I sent dh grocery shopping. I put down 5-6 lbs each of boneless skinles chicken thighs and breasts b/c Aldi's had them on sale, I explained to him explicitly I meant pounds. He came home w/ 5- 6 pkgs each and then bragged he got the biggest packages he could find, sigh!!!! So, what was supposed to be $17-$20 of meat turned into $70+. On the plus side, my freezer is entirely stuffed full, I already had a good amount, I really can't fit anymore now! I have little left in my grocery budget for the month, I'm hoping I can get by with maybe just going over by $100 at most. Now that things are settling down hopefully I can manage that. 

Another of our meds went up in cost this month about $30. If I had picked it up I would have noticed but dh didn't. It looks like they used a different manufacturer this time. I need to price that out on GoodRX next month. Dh wasn't sure how much was left on our HSA card the last he used to so paid OOP for meds, $90. I need to call next week and find out, I've got a couple of cheaper meds to fill this month, I think it is enough for that, not sure how much more.

I'm *trying* to do my VIPKID interview again this am, we'll see if I can pull it off this times. After several emails w/ tech support I have one issue sorted out but what remains to be seen is how my internet works but there is nothing left to do for that. I'll be using the desktop that just got the new ram and has an external camera, last time we went to sil's house b/c she had faster internet but I had to use the laptop and tried just using the internal camera. We'll see if I'm better off with a bit slower internet but much better tech. I would LOVE if this worked out. I mean I could be at home for when the kids have breaks, when they come home and take off to school and make more in fewer hours doing anything I could find around here but it may not be meant to work out. If it doesn't I'm torn on what to do. Dh spazzed a bit last week b/c he is so worried and I was thinking I need a full-time job sooner rather than later but he's calmed down and doesn't want me rushing into anything. I guess that leaves looking at subbing and maybe some side jobs? I don't like any of the options, I just am praying we figure out the right path.

I have stacks of homeschool stuff to sell, more than enough to recoup my school supply cost plus much more (even only selling part of my stuff as there is plenty I'm not ready to let go of yet for sentimentality and just in case). I HATE selling things. I'll just have to do a bit at a time, I'll focus on the high dollar items first (Beast Academy, AOPS, MCT, LoE Foundations, Cover Story...)

That's all I can think of for now.  I'm really hoping that we can still manage to save quite a bit this month, even with the delays b/c dh has worked extra. Fingers crossed things calm down a bit, we've had enough change for the time being and I'd really like to focus on adjusting to the kids being in school, that is quite enough of a shock for now. 

Edited by soror
  • Like 1

We are trying to figure out what to do about painting the exterior of our house.  We got one estimate of 11k for scraping and painting.  Another company kept not showing up when they said they would to give a quote so they are off the table.  A third painter came and took measurements last week and I need to make time to call him and see what his estimate is.  My husband started scraping and painting the worst parts on his own, but it is taking him hours and he keeps going to Home Depot and spending a couple hundred each time for supplies.  We want to at least get any bare wood covered before cold weather sets in.

I am almost done ordering school books.  I ordered a couple more Light Units for my 4th grader for math, and luckily that only came to $10.  I am thinking about purchasing a download of notebooking pages for my 7th grader for history.  Then I need to go get a few binders and folders.

Our dog is 12 and has been dealing with an infected cyst.  He was on 2 weeks of antibiotics which helped but it's still there and he won't stop messing with it.  I am worried we will need to do minor surgery and I don't even know how much that will cost.  

I am still trying to decide about art classes.  I have 4 kids and my oldest doesn't like to do any classes but I feel like maybe I should insist.  But classes are $15 each per class.  I also have the option to send them every other week.  

• Like 2

Finished my Mock Class this am, now I wait 24-48 hrs to hear how I did. I think I did ok but there are always areas to improve. So, whether or not it was enough I don't know. 

Either they say great you're hired (very, very rare), I have to do another mock class, I do some kind of workshop, or they pass. I've read the current chance of being hired is just 10%.

I'm becoming well versed with the nervous pit in my stomach, I'm rather tired of it.

8 minutes ago, ms. pacman said:

Good luck @soror!  I did not enjoy the Mock class at all.  It's a lot of work,  but now it's behind you!

THANK YOU!!!!

I just got the email, I passed first try! I'm hired!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Now onto paperwork and trying to get booked. My base pay is $16 an hour. 

I probably should go ahead and start the process to do subbing to b/c they say it can take a long while to get up bookings. I got to figure out the process here, seems I can't get a straight answer. I hate red tape.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, soror said:

Finished my Mock Class this am, now I wait 24-48 hrs to hear how I did. I think I did ok but there are always areas to improve. So, whether or not it was enough I don't know. 

Either they say great you're hired (very, very rare), I have to do another mock class, I do some kind of workshop, or they pass. I've read the current chance of being hired is just 10%.

I'm becoming well versed with the nervous pit in my stomach, I'm rather tired of it.

really? 

2 hours ago, soror said:

THANK YOU!!!!

I just got the email, I passed first try! I'm hired!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Now onto paperwork and trying to get booked. My base pay is $16 an hour. 

I probably should go ahead and start the process to do subbing to b/c they say it can take a long while to get up bookings. I got to figure out the process here, seems I can't get a straight answer. I hate red tape.

That's wonderful!! So happy for you!! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, heartlikealion said:

really? 

That's wonderful!! So happy for you!! 

Yes, that's what I'd heard from multiple places, not sure if it is true or not. Thank you!!!