Menu

Goodbyes were said. Tears were shed.

dirty ethel rackham

Last night, I helped ds24 pack up his car for his cross-country move.  This morning, we said our good-byes and wished him well as he sets off for his grown up adventures ... entering his PhD program at UConn!  

It is has been a journey.  It took 2 years to find a program that would take him.  In that time, though, he was able to work, buy a car, and leave with money in the bank so he'll be able to buy a bed and necessary furniture.  He is actually going to be a grown up.  

I'll be booking plane tickets to see him for his birthday in October.  

• Like 46
  • Sad 1

Sigh, I so get it! I have 16 days until my 23 yo dd leaves to drive from Virginia to Texas. She will be on active duty in the army completing their doctorate of physical therapy program. She will be a grown-up, all on her own.  I know when she comes back it will not be the same because it will be for a visit only. This won't be where she lives anymore. I am so proud of her, but I will miss her so much! We had her at home for a gap year between undergrad and grad. What a blessing that has been!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mary in VA said:

Sigh, I so get it! I have 16 days until my 23 yo dd leaves to drive from Virginia to Texas. She will be on active duty in the army completing their doctorate of physical therapy program. She will be a grown-up, all on her own.  I know when she comes back it will not be the same because it will be for a visit only. This won't be where she lives anymore. I am so proud of her, but I will miss her so much! We had her at home for a gap year between undergrad and grad. What a blessing that has been!!

Yep.  That is it. I got a text an hour ago that he made it to the house he is renting.  Safe and sound.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

Yep.  That is it. I got a text an hour ago that he made it to the house he is renting.  Safe and sound.  

Glad to hear that! I know it is a relief to know when they have safely arrived at their destination, no matter how grown-up they are:) My daughter is taking one of her best friends with her on the road trip to Texas. They are going to go slowly and see places and friends on the way. I told dd that we would pay for her friend's air fare back here if she wanted to accompany dd. I know they will have a good time and I will worry a lot less!