Menu

Fall plans

Books are being ordered, fresh notebooks are being purchased... what classes do you all have lined up for the fall? 

I'm taking anatomy, modern Black history, and interpersonal communications. I'm really looking forward to all 3 classes. I also have a big entrance exam (the TEAS) in October. I'm not worried about passing it but I am pushing to get as high of a score as possible. The score goes into my application formula. Over 90% is the goal, but I'll have a second chance to take it before I apply.

What about you all?

• Like 5

I'm taking two classes: Multimedia for Education and Training and Instructional System Design. Both are online.

I found one of the required texts used on Amazon for less than it was available at the university's bookstore, so I ordered that a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be able to beat the cost on any of the others. The semester starts in about three weeks, so I have a little while longer to poke around looking for deals before I have to give in.

Thus far, I have resisted the urge to go buy notebooks and such, because I have no idea how much I might need. But, goodness, I am excited about buying school supplies!

• Like 3

I have a history of the west (western US) class and settlement geography, which also covers the western US. Both are the usual 3 hour/once a week classes. I'm doing a medical terminology class online on the side - it's dipping my toes into the medical assistant field, which the college here teaches. It's sort of a backup marketable skill while job hunting after my PhD. ?

• Like 3

I'm taking a lit class focused on Jame Joyce and his contemporaries - focused on stream of consciousness style literature, Research methods, and a practicum that is required for graduate assistants who are teaching. I'll be teaching two sections of English Comp I. 

Edited by Mom22ns
  • Like 2

I ordered my textbooks over the weekend. I found somewhat better prices on Amazon for a few of them, but will be going to the college bookstore to collect two books. 

I also gave in and let myself buy a couple of spiral notebooks at Target. It's silly, because I don't really "need" them, but it was tax-free weekend and I'm not buying school supplies for anyone else this fall and the covers have polka dots. It seemed like the only rational choice.

• Like 3

I'm taking a course of Medieval England and one the graduate how-to History course. I'll be TAing for an early American history course for which I've already received my first assignment, which is to create a primary source paper assignment. I'll be leading two breakout sessions each week. 

I bought all my books a few weeks ago and am trying to get a few of them read before school starts. 

I officially moved into my apartment this week, I have my last summer Latin class today (we've been meeting unofficially all summer). 

In addition to this, I signed up to audit an Introduction to Anglo-Saxon course through Signum University. 

• Like 1