Menu

Crafters: Floral Tape Question

goldberry

Does all floral tape suck or am I just doing this wrong??  I am making a floral crown for an event.  I've never used floral tape before, obviously when making a floral crown you put the flower or flower bundle on the base, then wrap the floral tape around to secure.  I get you have to pull on the tape to activate the sticky.  But then the tape is not sticky at the end where you were holding it.  You have this tiny area to wrap (only the size of a wire base) and the first part of the tape doesn't even stick.  Also, I can't seem to tell if the tape is designed to only stick on one side?

This has been a huge mess and each little flower bundle is taking me three or four tries to get taped on to the base.  

HELP!!

Signed: Crafting Failure

Edited by goldberry

There's certainly a learning curve to it, but I haven't had problems with floral tape....even the kind from Hobby Lobby. Floral tape uses a waxed adhesive, so it must be stretched and it only sticks to itself. 

Wrap the flowers first, then as you are wrapping it to the base, you have tape to tape contact. Keep your tension taught, and always overlap by as much as you can.

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

There's certainly a learning curve to it, but I haven't had problems with floral tape....even the kind from Hobby Lobby. Floral tape uses a waxed adhesive, so it must be stretched and it only sticks to itself. 

Wrap the flowers first, then as you are wrapping it to the base, you have tape to tape contact. Keep your tension taught, and always overlap by as much as you can.

How do you get the first little bit to stick, when you are holding that part to stretch it?