Menu

Is there a Disney travel agent here?

Ottakee

Seems like I remember that there was a member here who was also a Disney travel agent.  I am wanting more information on a honeymoon trip there for my daughter with special needs and her fiance who also has special needs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

I'm not an agent, but I hope they have a magical time! When will they be going? 

We don't have a wedding date set.  First there are a few major life happenings first.  I just want to explore options.  I am thinking that Disney with an on-site value resort and possibly a meal plan might be a good way for them to have some independence but yet have a more controlled environment with transportation.

• Like 1

January is amazing in Florida. We went the end of February, and it was pleasant bordering on hotfor a northerner. I think early in February (Valentines!!) would be very nice weather. It's a lot of fun over the holidays too, just more crowded.  

The other smart move, with having a travel agent help you, is they can get your dining reservations made, handle the fast passes, etc. Maybe have them think about their favorite restaurants and what they'll want to do. Me, I would particularly want/consider:

-San Angel Inn--dark with candles, mild Mexican, memorable setting, great food

-lunch at Be Our Guest--yum, yum, yum, very budget-friendly and you get to see inside. Dinner is now price fixe and probably 2 credits on the dining plan. I've done both and I'm a huge lover of the lunch. 

-any restaurant that has mobile ordering--You can now order food in the My Disney Experience app. Ask your travel agent if you can use your dining plan credits with that. I have always had ds with me, so mobile ordering to avoid lines is the way to go. It doesn't work well at all of them (Columbia Harbour House is a total flop with mobile ordering, possibly slower than standing in line), but it was GREAT in Animal Kingdom where multiple places have it. 

-budget food (quick service) in Animal Kingdom is all really good--Satuli Canteen, Restaurantasaurus, and Flame Tree, all really good, filling, and all do mobile ordering. 

-we always go to Biergarten, but apparently that means I have bad taste if you believe the reviews. Fine, whatever, but it's fun. I haven't done the french restaurants in Epcot, but they might be another fun splurge if you wanting like 1-2 dining meals to go along with quick service for everything else. 

Well how romantic and fun! They'll have a great time!!