Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

After a whole summer of "work" - mission trips, finishing merit badges and an Eagle project (signed off last night yay!), required reading, an internship, necessary yard work - I was taking the family to the zoo today. And it is now supposed to rain on and off all day. We will probably go anyway.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

Yeah, it's Friday!

• school
  • office work (keep working on bill pile)
  • dog physical therapy exercises 5x
  • post office
  • order stamps, soap, and parchment paper
  • phone conference to get dd enrolled in fall classes
  • farrier appt. this afternoon (if weather cooperates - it is pouring rain right now)
  • when ds19 gets off work, have him pick up Rx refills from horse vet
  • also have him pick up Japanese takeout so I don't have to cook

• Like 5

Good morning!

I came back home last night from my dad's. Dd has friends from college coming this evening, so a big thing today is to clean house. The painter finished yesterday, so at least the furniture is moved back in place. 

I've fed the cats and had coffee.

To Do:

• meals
  • couple of errands with dd
  • wash sheets and make beds
  • tidy all rooms
  • clean bathrooms
  • sweep/mop/vacuum
  • decide which things to rehang (considering some different decor after new flooring comes in)
  • Like 5

Good morning! I got back last night, had a great time and saw some beautiful country. Now I have to dig out-dh and kids did a pretty good job, but much was left "for when mom gets home."

• coffee/paper
  • get ds3 off to tennis
  • unpack and put stuff away
  • clean out cooler-shouldn't be bad-since I was in charge of it!
  • clean out the car 
  • laundry 
  • stack of mail- ick
  • figure out weekend
  • call for appointments, emails, bills

Have a great day!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, linders said:

After a whole summer of "work" - mission trips, finishing merit badges and an Eagle project (signed off last night yay!), required reading, an internship, necessary yard work - I was taking the family to the zoo today. And it is now supposed to rain on and off all day. We will probably go anyway.

Sometimes the animals at our zoo are out and moving much more on a warm, rainy day than they are on a hot, sunny day!

I hope you have fun, whatever the weather!

• Like 5

I have totally fallen off the housework bandwagon since starting to work, and I only work 16 hours a week. I don't like doing housework early in the morning, I leave at 9:30am, and get home about 2:30pm and all I want to do is sit down with a cup of coffee and my heating pad for my back. I'm totally unmotivated to get anything done on work days which are mostly Tuesday through Friday. Sometimes I go in on a Saturday for a couple of hours. That's not too bad. I get off at noon so don't feel as tired.

So today's mission is to rework my entire chore list to fit into 3 days, Saturday through Monday. I'll still do laundry during the week because that's easy and takes very little effort but I have let my house fall into a sad mess.

DH is working late tonight so dinner is leftover baked ziti.

• Like 5

Hi!  I am not thrilled that it's Friday the 20th.  I have a lot of work due today and have not gotten a great start.

I had a hard time sleeping last night.  Laid in bed for a couple hours not sleeping; sat at the computer until about 3 and then laid around for some more hours.  By the time I finally got to sleep, it was time to wake up.  Ugh.  I did sleep in a little but it was not a peaceful sleep.

I'm still having a lot of hot flashes.  It's not as frequent as last week, but still ridiculous.  How is it that women around the world all have this problem for years and manage to keep quiet about it?  It sure doesn't up my motivation to do anything.

So far today:

• Kids off to day camp with driver; paid driver for past 2 weeks.  Luckily they did not need a packed lunch today.
  • Handled a few urgent things for work.
  • Caught up on emails / social media etc.
  • 1 cup of coffee ingested (need more).
  • Finally heard back from kids' friend's mom - she can't come to our outing after all.  Good to know.  Now another mom wants to change some things up.  I think this is why I usually don't do social stuff - a simple thing becomes way too complicated.  But I wonder if I'm doing something wrong to make it so.
  • Some scout stuff.
  • Some calendar stuff.
  • Did a little reading.

To do:

• Send out a number of work reports & address some odd client requests.
  • Get deferral on some others until the weekend is past.  (Not officially due yet, nobody's really going to care that I didn't dump a pile of work on their plate on Friday afternoon.)
  • Call Sylvan to reschedule the next two Saturdays' tutoring.
  • Some yoga???
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Pack the car - kids' TKD stuff & personal stuff.  (DON'T forget the TKD bag!!)
  • Pick up the girls from day camp and take them to TKD class.  Walk or work while they kick.
  • Wipe out car, including the cloth seats, on which my kids persist in dumping gross food mess.
  • Dinner out - probably Indian since it is that person's "turn" to pick.
  • Old TV shows on video?
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work or sleep.
  • Like 5

Got my weekly chore chart done! I can get my whole house clean in 3 days with a little extra effort. Plus DH helps a lot.

Need to finish laundry.

Need to empty dishwasher and reload it.

Need to clean off hot spot on kitchen counter. I bet it's all junk mail which DH never tosses and I don't understand why. He opens the mail while standing next to the trash can and he leaves junk mail on the counter. Weird!

• Like 4

I did the three things I was going to do that are not on my regular schedule.

1. Called and changed appt for daughter

2. 'taught' a 4 year old very hyper what is called a CASA child in most of the country at the library for 45 minutes and he didn't break anything, destroy anything, or hurt himself.  And we did have some learning time too. But that was super tiring.

3. Came home and redied guest room since my brother is coming tonight for a two night visit.  

Now very tired and resting mostly.

• Like 5

Finished laundry.

Got a jump start on my weekend chores by doing some work in my bedroom.

Got an email from my director at work and she asked if I could start helping out on some Saturdays. I'm usually there a couple of hours but I think she means doing other things. So I may not have 3 days to get my housework done, but only two. We'll have to see what she has in mind. If I'm only on the register, I won't be so tired out and can come home and get some housework done.

• Like 6

Most of the cleaning is done, but I want to put some finishing touches on ds' room since dd's friends will use it, too. 

I need to shower and pack. Dh, ds, and I are going to spend the night with my sister on the other side of Atlanta tonight because ds made it state on a relay team. Her house is much closer than ours. 

Two nights in a row driving through Atlanta isn't fun, though!

• Like 4

Got a bunch of laundry done and finally put away the basket of clean clothes that has been sitting on my bathroom counter for two weeks.

Laid down on a dog bed and fell fast asleep. I think that getting up in the middle of the night to dispense dog medicine is taking a toll.?

Cleaned my yucky mudroom. Tried in vain for half an hour to unclog the sink, then had to have dh do it for me. 

Got rid of eight pairs of jeans that are too big for me now, which felt kind of weird because usually I have the opposite problem. Also got rid of some sweatshirts that have seen better days.

• Like 2