Menu

Lindamood-Bell Evaluations

Ggg

Hi ... I figure if anyone would know about Lindamood-Bell Evaluations it would be Peter Pan and yes she gave me a great answer!  Post on LC to see if anyone else has an opinion too.  So have you heard of them?  If so opinion please and thank you ?.  Thinking the material they use is “Seeing Stars”, “Visualizing and Verbalizing”, “Talkies”, and “LIPS”

Hi Ggg,

I worked at Lindamood-Bell for a short time. I don't remember the particular evaluations that they did, but they were your typical decoding, reading fluency, etc. I believe they offer free screenings if you're interested in the programs, which is cool. Personally, I get a bit annoyed with Lindamood-Bell because they seem... secretive about their methods. A regular person can't get "certified" as a Lindamod-Bell practitioner and then tutor on their own using the method, like you can with other OG programs.I also felt that Lindamood-Bell keeps tutoring kids even if it's clear that the tutoring isn't working very well. It's extremely expensive ($90/hour where I was, about 6 years ago), and I always got the feeling that they were in it for the money. The tutors had 2 weeks of training, and then they were tutoring... which is not a great value for $90/hour, in my opinion.

On the other hand, I'm a huge superfan of LiPS, and have seen it make a dramatic difference for kids with phonemic awareness issues.

• Like 2

We’ve had some very interesting Lindamood Bell threads over the years.  

If your child fails certain portions of the Barton Reading and Spelling pre-test, LiPS (or Sound Foundations) is recommended.  A parent with moxie or an SLP can cover the LiPS material. I’ve never used a LMB center.

• Like 1