Menu

FYI: Study finds popular 'growth mindset' educational interventions aren't very effective (May 22, 2018 - Science Daily)

Really, Pen? You are going to go there? Fascinating how you are the only one I seem to be replying to! Doesn't that tell you something?

I was taking off for a forum break prior to this thread being revived. I have no desire to engage you in whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. It is my right to post any way I like once I do not break forum rules. I don't see that I have, so I'll be on my way now to focus on more important things than this pointless back-and-forth. 

Edited by Guest

Moved On, you've described the way you think on this thread several times as pretty much exactly a growth mindset, without the terminology. If the label bothers you that much, possibly because it is associated with this commercialized venture, that makes sense. Other posters can politely decline to throw the baby out with the bathwater, however.

Really, Pen? You are going to go there? Fascinating how you are the only one I seem to be replying to! Doesn't that tell you something?

I was taking off for a forum break prior to this thread being revived. I have no desire to engage you in whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. It is my right to post any way I like once I do not break forum rules. I don't see that I have, so I'll be on my way now to focus on more important things than this pointless back-and-forth. 

Of course it is your right, but it's other people's right on a discussion forum to share their experience too, without that being a personal attack on you; unless as Pen mentioned you specifically request no feedback on your post. Back and forth is not pointless - sharing differing points of view is often how we learn new things.

• Thanks 2

I suppose starting a new thread instead of reviving a two month old one was out of the question?

Feel free to share whatever you like! What is not right or appreciated is making assumptions about what I am thinking, why I am posting what I am posting, or putting words in my mouth that I never said. I have no desire to quote previous posts or turn this into something that it was never meant to be.

Respectfully bowing out. 

Edited by Guest

On 9/15/2018 at 5:43 AM, Pen said:

@EKS I apologize if you felt hurt by my comment on your post.

I didn't feel hurt--though I may have rolled my eyes a bit ?  It seems to me that if you're going to post on a message board like this, you're going to have to deal with what comes, which was, in this case, your comment. 

• Like 1