Menu

What are you buying with your $5 Prime Day coupon from amazon?

If you need an idea, The Writing Revolution: A Guide to Advancing Thinking Through Writing in All Subjects and Grades is $20.70, making it a perfect fit for the $5 off $20 coupon. That's what I ordered. :biggrin:

Mainer had linked to the first half of the Hochman manual to go with WR, but if you google site search tapconyc.weebly.com more will pop up. hochman site:tapconyc.weebly.com

WR seems to expand on the 6 Second Conversation idea in MW/SGM and builds on Kbutton's emphasis on notetaking and the discussions we've been having about building narrative language as a basis for academics. It's just a really practical way to get there, looks like, and it's super hot in the SLP/literacy community right now.

• Like 2

I have some more Scholastic Branches books in my basket, but I'm not sure what I will go with. I’m going to show it to my son and see what he thinks.

I *just* bought my older the new Wings of Fire book, and myself the new Daniel Silva book, and would have bought those if I realized there was about to be a coupon.   

• Like 1

I bought the illustrated Sorcerer's Stone as a Christmas gift. (I also stacked my Whole Foods $10 credit, so it was only $11.55!)

(Edited: Sorry, I didn't notice that this was posted on the LC board. I *am* buying it for my emerging reader 6yr old who would probably be labeled '2e'. We will read it together, even though he has listened through the series on audible several times already.)

• Like 3

Mainer,

I think the $5 coupon is off of books.  I choose a book and underneath it says use promocode PRIMEBOOKS18 for $5 off of $20.

I spent it on Picture Perfect STEM lessons.  https://smile.amazon.com/Picture-Perfect-STEM-Lessons-3-5-Children/dp/1681403315/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1531846800&sr=8-2&keywords=picture+perfect+stem+k-2

35 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

If you need an idea, The Writing Revolution: A Guide to Advancing Thinking Through Writing in All Subjects and Grades is $20.70, making it a perfect fit for the $5 off $20 coupon. That's what I ordered. :biggrin:

Mainer had linked to the first half of the Hochman manual to go with WR, but if you google site search tapconyc.weebly.com more will pop up. hochman site:tapconyc.weebly.com

WR seems to expand on the 6 Second Conversation idea in MW/SGM and builds on Kbutton's emphasis on notetaking and the discussions we've been having about building narrative language as a basis for academics. It's just a really practical way to get there, looks like, and it's super hot in the SLP/literacy community right now.

Hey,

Can you link me to the thread about the discussion you mentioned?  Thanks.