Menu

Prime Day

ScoutTN

I can't add anything to my cart either.  Starting to be not worth it to try anything.

I will point out that if you're the type to choose a kindle first book every month, for today ALL of this month's kindle first options are free.  Make your way to the kindle book page and snag all that interest you.

• Like 2

The deal on the 6 quart IP is wonderful.  I have and use that one more than any other cooking device other than stovetop now. But I really want an 8 quart one to be able to fit larger items for make and freeze cooking.  Sigh   

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Katy said:

II will point out that if you're the type to choose a kindle first book every month, for today ALL of this month's kindle first options are free.  Make your way to the kindle book page and snag all that interest you.

Thank you!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

This is not working for me. Is it limited to certain books only? 

* Total of books in your purchase must be $20 or more

* Books must be sold by Amazon (not by a third party)

* Must be physical books (not Kindle books)

Does that help? (The code worked for me earlier today, FWIW.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, purpleowl said:

Check, check, and check. Bummer. I will keep trying. Thanks for your help. 

36 minutes ago, purpleowl said:

7 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

Check, check, and check. Bummer. I will keep trying. Thanks for your help. 

Got it to work. YAY!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, chicagoshannon said:

Ordered an air fryer earlier after a lot of issues.  Just ordered an SD card.  Now I'm considering a Kindle Paperwhite.  I already have a Kindle tablet.  Do I need a Paperwhite?

I have a "regular" Kindle, and I "need" a Paperwhite! I would like to be able to read it at night when DH is asleep and not turn on a light. Make no mistake: I prefer physical books, but Kindles rock. I love having several books loaded on mine when I'm stuck waiting somewhere. I hope I can purchase a Paperwhite!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maize said:

I've called Amazon twice today over problems ordering.

They made it right both times. Their customer service remains tops.

I'm chatting w/ 'Zon right now because I was offered the Kindle version of one of the books I ordered (since the $5 coupon finally worked) for only $2.99 and I opened a new window to see my digital music/video/book credits and can't find the offer now.

I just got transferred for the 3rd time, which means the 4th person is now looking at my request. *Still on hold on a chat* Grrr!

2 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

I'm chatting w/ 'Zon right now because I was offered the Kindle version of one of the books I ordered (since the $5 coupon finally worked) for only $2.99 and I opened a new window to see my digital music/video/book credits and can't find the offer now.

I just got transferred for the 3rd time, which means the 4th person is now looking at my request. *Still on hold on a chat* Grrr!

Hm, you might try calling.

• Like 1

Ds, who is leaving for grad school in a couple weeks, is ordering an Instant Pot.  He loves gadgets and tech, so this may be incentive for him to cook stuff.  There are some things ds loves that dh used to make in the crock pot and has adjusted them for the instant pot.  I am working on making him a recipe book of family favorites.  

I bought the Fire TV to help us cut the cable cord (except for internet.)  And we have been getting some tech accessories for dd for school.   

• Like 3

An advantage of insomnia is Amazon seems like be quiet and working now. 

I went ahead and got the IP 6 even though I thought I wanted an 8quart. If some day the 8qt is on a super special and it seems like I could still use more space for batch cooking Maybe I’ll get it then 

I f any one has been thinking of a robot vacuum, I have the Eufy they have on special and have been pleased with it. 

• Like 1

Aside from the Fitbit my mom bought me, I ended up buying 2 Christmas gifts either for my kids or nieces and nephews. I'm quite disappointed in their toy selection this year. Usually I can get all my Christmas shopping for nieces and nephews done on prime day, this year it doesn't look good.

• Like 1

I used my $10 Whole Foods credit and the $5 book coupon to pick up the illustrated Sorcerer's Stone as a Christmas gift. I also picked up some expo markers. My cart currently has two dresses in it, and I keep going back and forth over buying another Kindle fire 7 for $30 or a kids edition for $70.

• Like 1

We've bought one Christmas gift so far. We got a few things we have been eyeing because they were good deals. I wish I could get that IP for my dd but as of now she doesn't see a need for it. We have one and enjoy it. 

Still hoping to get that Paperwhite before the day ends!

Did anyone else end up with nothing? I didn't buy anything. There really wasn't anything we couldn't live without and I don't have the patience to be at my computer at a specific time hoping to get a good price on something I wasn't going to buy anyway.

I love, love, love Amazon and am a frequent shopper there but have never really found great deals on Prime Day. That first year everyone was going crazy for the Instant Pot on Prime Day I wasn't going to buy an appliance I didn't know anything about. Months later I knew more about it, had IRL friends who raved about theirs, and bought it Black Friday weekend for the same price it sold for on Prime Day. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

Did anyone else end up with nothing? I didn't buy anything. There really wasn't anything we couldn't live without and I don't have the patience to be at my computer at a specific time hoping to get a good price on something I wasn't going to buy anyway.

I love, love, love Amazon and am a frequent shopper there but have never really found great deals on Prime Day. That first year everyone was going crazy for the Instant Pot on Prime Day I wasn't going to buy an appliance I didn't know anything about. Months later I knew more about it, had IRL friends who raved about theirs, and bought it Black Friday weekend for the same price it sold for on Prime Day. 

33 minutes ago, cintinative said:

Me. But I am very familiar now with the Dogs of Amazon. I like the name Waffles.  LOL.

Nothing here, either! 

I keep looking, but I don’t see any exceptional deals. There is so much third-party junk, and most of the items offered by Amazon don’t seem to be heavily discounted — I am seeing items that are a dollar off the regular Amazon price, but they’re trying to make it look like it’s a huge discount off the retail price. Sorry, Amazon, but if your everyday price is $17.99 and the big super-duper Prime Day price is $16.99, I’m not going to get all excited and rush to buy it.

I guess the deals are ok if you need an Amazon device or a few of the other things that always go on sale like the Instant Pot and the Brother Serger, but other than that, I’m unimpressed.

Prime Day has gotten lamer every year. Oh well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

Nothing here, either! 

I keep looking, but I don’t see any exceptional deals. There is so much third-party junk, and most of the items offered by Amazon don’t seem to be heavily discounted — I am seeing items that are a dollar off the regular Amazon price, but they’re trying to make it look like it’s a huge discount off the retail price. Sorry, Amazon, but if your everyday price is $17.99 and the big super-duper Prime Day price is $16.99, I’m not going to get all excited and rush to buy it.

I guess the deals are ok if you need an Amazon device or a few of the other things that always go on sale like the Instant Pot and the Brother Serger, but other than that, I’m unimpressed.

Prime Day has gotten lamer every year. Oh well. 

Ah, Brother Serger...he taught Home Ec at the local Catholic boys school. It is nice to read he is still around...

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I got a laptop for $50 less than the original price and the specs I was looking for.   With the $10 Whole Foods credit, it was $60 less.   I was pleased with this purchase, but haven't found anything else that I want or need.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i3-8130U-Memory-E5-576-392H/dp/B079TGL2BZ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1531854799&sr=8-3&keywords=acer+inspire+e15&dpID=41HfDkXXyeL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

• Like 2

I was going to buy this anyway for our neighbor who is currently borrowing mine. I was happy to see it was $10 off the regular price of $39.99. This has worked out really well for heating meals I've been preparing for him as his microwave has been giving him trouble. I'm on a special diet and cook separate meals for myself to freeze, and this thing is awesome!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EC7XJ00/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 1:07 PM, Plum Crazy said:

The usual

• Use promo code PRIMEBOOKS18 to save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOKS18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
  • Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 17, 2018.

Came here hoping someone would know the book code! Thanks!

• Like 1

I ended up using the book code, I bought one history book and a book of sheet music (it counted as a book), things I already had in my cart. I also ordered some shower rings, but they had gone up about 1.50 since I put them into my cart and also were now an add-on item. I was kind of miffed, but I really wanted that specific style and color, so I threw them on the order too. 

I might order a daybed and that price didn't change at all. I'm kind of glad, I'd rather have it shipped after all the busyness of Prime Day is over. 

• Like 1

Amazon was so glitchy the first day. I tried to buy headphones for my dh. I should have called to get the deal.

I used the book code to purchase books for Christmas. I bought the Exploding Kittens game. My ds purchased a drawing pad that connects to his computer. My dd needed a new charger for her Iphone.

I thought most of it was junk.

3 hours ago, RootAnn said:

Looks like the 8 qt instant pot is on there now for $119.95. It looks like the older model that I got last year is only $104 (no deal - just what it is listed at right now).

THANK YOU!!!

2 hours ago, Plum Crazy said:

I got the 8 qt instant pot. I had been thinking about it and dh came home to tell me all about this gadget his coworker was telling him about. I call that a sign...and an opportunity. ?

I hadn’t known that the 8 qt 10-in-1 Ultra model was on sale until RootAnn posted about it, so I decided I needed one to keep my 6 qt 7-in-1 model company. ?

I am so weak. But I like the idea of having the larger size. Also, it has pretty blue lights... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Pen said:

Oh boohoo. I missed the 8 quart IP. Had already ordered the 6, and didn’t learn about 8 till too late. 

The 6 quart was a lot cheaper, and it’s excellent. If I didn’t already have the 6, that’s the one I would have ordered because the size is perfect for daily use, and it’s also very user-friendly. The 8 quart looks like it is also pretty huge, while the 6 is easier to fit on a kitchen countertop.

In the end, I think you made the best choice. The 6 quart was an amazing price. I thought I got an incredible deal when I got mine for $69.99, and you paid even less than that!

39 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

The 6 quart was a lot cheaper, and it’s excellent. If I didn’t already have the 6, that’s the one I would have ordered because the size is perfect for daily use, and it’s also very user-friendly. The 8 quart looks like it is also pretty huge, while the 6 is easier to fit on a kitchen countertop.

In the end, I think you made the best choice. The 6 quart was an amazing price. I thought I got an incredible deal when I got mine for $69.99, and you paid even less than that!

Thanks!!!

I have the identical 6qt Duo already that I use a lot!  

Neither would fit on the  counter of our little kitchen, but the IP earned a spot in the cottage dining room where it is out visible all the time on a side board and I can use the table to prep food. Tthe new one will sit side by side with it  So maybe that they match will be a good thing   I had pictured a 6 and 8 both Duo, not an  Ultra  with cute blue light  

There are a few things I wish I had more space for (big long vegetables like eggplants and squashes that would fit whole and large chickens— ), but by and large the second 6 quart should do almost everything I want a 2nd IP for, and I will have interchangeable inner pots, and a matched set visually   

Thank you for helping me to get very happy with my purchase!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pen said:

Thanks!!!

I have the identical 6qt Duo already that I use a lot!  

Neither would fit on the  counter of our little kitchen, but the IP earned a spot in the cottage dining room where it is out visible all the time on a side board and I can use the table to prep food. Tthe new one will sit side by side with it  So maybe that they match will be a good thing   I had pictured a 6 and 8 both Duo, not an  Ultra  with cute blue light  

There are a few things I wish I had more space for (big long vegetables like eggplants and squashes that would fit whole and large chickens— ), but by and large the second 6 quart should do almost everything I want a 2nd IP for, and I will have interchangeable inner pots, and a matched set visually   

Thank you for helping me to get very happy with my purchase!!!

Happy to help!  ?

I just realized I did buy one other thing on Prime Day. I ordered one of those 4K Fire TV things because it was on sale for half price. I already have Roku, but I have heard that both Roku and Amazon have apps/channels that the other one doesn’t have, so I figure I’ll use both. The Fire thing was on backorder by the time I decided to buy it, so it won’t get here until mid-August. 

• Like 1