Menu

Prime Day

ScoutTN

I have some things in my cart, waiting to see if they go on sale. Otherwise, I'll wait to see if there is a book special. 

I'm getting an apartment for grad school, so most of my things are apartment related, shower rings, first aid kit, coffee grinder, and a Turkish towel. I'm also trying to decide on my bed/sofa for the apartment and have a daybed on my wish list. Still not sure what I'm going to order though. 

• Like 2

I have some board games in my cart, shoes for my dd, some books... nothing that I think will go on sale. I would like to get a fit bit with a heart monitor and give my other to my dd. I would love to find some sunglasses seeing how I broke two pairs over the weekend!

16 minutes ago, Pen said:

If something in cart gets into the sale markdown does that show up in an obvious way?

If the price goes down, you can reload your cart and on top of the page, there will be a little notification that says something like, “5 items in your cart have changed price,” and you can see which prices changed and by how much, but if it’s a Lightning Deal and not just a normal lowered price, you won’t see it — you have to add Lightning Deals to your cart directly from the item page or the Lightning Deal page while the deal is running.

I thought Prime Day used to be better when the deals were all from Amazon and not overloaded with thousands of items from third party sellers. I shop for a lot of art supplies, and it’s a real nuisance to have to skim past all of the Chinese knockoff products when I want the name brands. I don’t begrudge the third party sellers from putting their items on sale, but I wish there was a way to sort the Lightning Deals and Daily Deals to choose whether or not I want to see them by having the option to pick “sold by Amazon.”

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

I thought Prime Day used to be better when the deals were all from Amazon and not overloaded with thousands of items from third party sellers. I shop for a lot of art supplies, and it’s a real nuisance to have to skim past all of the Chinese knockoff products when I want the name brands. I don’t begrudge the third party sellers from putting their items on sale, but I wish there was a way to sort the Lightning Deals and Daily Deals to choose whether or not I want to see them by having the option to pick “sold by Amazon.”

I agree. I find it hard to sort through all the junk just to find good deals on good stuff.

I've been scrolling through the preview a little at time since this morning and adding some things to my watch list. Is it better to have them in your cart or just click "watch this deal"?

• Like 2

I'm hoping for several things, but so far the preview stuff has all been amazon products.  We don't need new kindles, and even if we did, there are much better deals at 8pm on black friday, when best buy is empty.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Katy said:

I'm hoping for several things, but so far the preview stuff has all been amazon products.  We don't need new kindles, and even if we did, there are much better deals at 8pm on black friday, when best buy is empty.

I'm looking through a whole bunch of preview items that aren't Amazon devices. On the homepage I got a banner advertising Prime Day with a link to shop early access deals. The first deals that come up are Amazon devices but just under that are all deals. I don't know if this link will work but here's the page to all deal previews.

https://smile.amazon.com/b?node=13887280011&ref=PD18_LU_GW_Hero_DT&pf_rd_p=9dd8508b-8b06-436b-a387-ad87ca9808ac&pf_rd_r=Z7P3Z0R5F5DVS4NA48ZM

ETA: You can even sort by category so you can weed out the things you aren't interested in.

12 minutes ago, Katy said:

I was happy to get a refurbished kIndle paperwhite yesterday for $69.99.  My Kindle Voyage was stolen June 24th and I *miss* it greatly. I was originally going to wait for Christmas... but for this price I'll get to use the kindle in the meantime!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vonfirmath said:

I was happy to get a refurbished kIndle paperwhite yesterday for $69.99.  My Kindle Voyage was stolen June 24th and I *miss* it greatly. I was originally going to wait for Christmas... but for this price I'll get to use the kindle in the meantime!

I saw that. Today the new ones are $79.99 but all of our Kindles are refurbished and are perfect. I considered getting one of the refurbished ones to keep on hand for a gift. Also, refurbished doesn't mean something was wrong with them. Sometimes people return a Kindle because they decide they don't want it, and Amazon can't sell it as new. Refurbished Amazon devices come with the same warranty as new ones. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I saw that. Today the new ones are $79.99 but all of our Kindles are refurbished and are perfect. I considered getting one of the refurbished ones to keep on hand for a gift. Also, refurbished doesn't mean something was wrong with them. Sometimes people return a Kindle because they decide they don't want it, and Amazon can't sell it as new. Refurbished Amazon devices come with the same warranty as new ones. 

I was considering the refurbished one for DD, but didn’t see an option for the extended warranty. For that reason I ordered the $79.99 non refurbished paper white today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Florida. said:

I agree. I find it hard to sort through all the junk just to find good deals on good stuff.

I've been scrolling through the preview a little at time since this morning and adding some things to my watch list. Is it better to have them in your cart or just click "watch this deal"?

If I really want something, I do both, so I’m no help!  

• Like 1

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is this still available?  I saw the sale price.  Asked dd about it.  Went to buy it and now it shows a price over $100

It looks like it was a lightning price.  When I ordered, it was 24% used up. Maybe it will come back, sometimes that happens.  

• Like 2

I just managed to click on and have the site actually work, randomly on outdoor items, and the Lifestraw for $9.99 was one of the top things on the page.  Lifestraw is the one and only thing dd actually wants from Amazon.  Used the $10 credit from shopping at Whole Foods over the weekend.  

This concludes my adventure in Prime Day shopping.  Well, except I might need to order $20 worth of books, of course, but somehow that's different.

• Like 2

I tried to get the 6 Qt Instant Pot for $58.99 but couldn't figure out how to actually put it in my cart. Tried multiple devices and finally gave up.

I did get a Graco jogging stroller travel system with an infant car seat for $102 after my $10 Whole Foods discount. The car seat alone sells for around $80 so I figure even if the stroller is only so-so, it's probably worth the $22.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Wife said:

I tried to get the 6 Qt Instant Pot for $58.99 but couldn't figure out how to actually put it in my cart. Tried multiple devices and finally gave up.

I did get a Graco jogging stroller travel system with an infant car seat for $102 after my $10 Whole Foods discount. The car seat alone sells for around $80 so I figure even if the stroller is only so-so, it's probably worth the $22.

Try this link: https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531772250&sr=8-1&keywords=instant+pot+7+in+1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I already have one, but I tested the link to see if it would work and I was able to add one to my cart.

18 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Try this link: https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531772250&sr=8-1&keywords=instant+pot+7+in+1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I already have one, but I tested the link to see if it would work and I was able to add one to my cart.

Still doesn't actually go into my cart. I think this is the universe's way of telling me that I should be buying things I actually NEED (like a new infant car seat) rather than something I just want (given that I have a functioning crock-pot and a functioning electric steamer/rice cooker).

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Crimson Wife said:

DS13 used the older version of that stroller and loves it. The only issue we had was that it took up a lot of trunk space when folded. 

1 minute ago, Crimson Wife said:

Still doesn't actually go into my cart. I think this is the universe's way of telling me that I should be buying things I actually NEED (like a new infant car seat) rather than something I just want (given that I have a functioning crock-pot and a functioning electric steamer/rice cooker).

I got a 6 quart IP for myself for Christmas and I have used it three or four times total. I also have a crockpot and a rice cooker and they have received a lot more use.  So maybe that will be encouraging? 

• Like 1

Just now, Crimson Wife said:

Amazon’s site is very messed up right now, but since the Instant Pot isn’t a Lightning Deal, it might be worth trying off and on to see if they get the problems fixed. That’s a great deal for the Instant Pot, and although I was skeptical of it when I first ordered that exact same one, I now use it all the time. It’s very different from a crock pot and a steamer. 

Not that I’m being an enabler or anything, because that would be wrong...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cintinative said:

I got a 6 quart IP for myself for Christmas and I have used it three or four times total. I also have a crockpot and a rice cooker and they have received a lot more use.  So maybe that will be encouraging? 

How can I enable her if you keep being sensible?????? ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Catwoman said:

Amazon’s site is very messed up right now, but since the Instant Pot isn’t a Lightning Deal, it might be worth trying off and on to see if they get the problems fixed. That’s a great deal for the Instant Pot, and although I was skeptical of it when I first ordered that exact same one, I now use it all the time. It’s very different from a crock pot and a steamer. 

Not that I’m being an enabler or anything, because that would be wrong...

I bought one a week ago for a little bit more than that. I’ve used it twice in a week. I also have a crockpot that I used this week, too. I’ll help you enable. 

• Like 1

someone said they wanted a speaker for the shower for their teen. This small boise speaker is on special right now, I have it and love it. I don't take it in the shower, I could tho, but I keep it mostly in the bathroom while I get ready. I paid the 99$ for it... ?

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLink-Micro-Bluetooth-speaker/dp/B0748N1BZD/ref=gbps_img_s-4_2ea1_a65863ba?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=ffd421d9-6899-411a-9e84-658379022ea1&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=89Z2H51TFYD18YVNQY2F

• Like 1