Menu

What accessories for Instant Pot do you use?

Pen

And for making or doing what?

I have a 6qt Duo 

I would like to be able to store made items in refrigerator more easily with out lots of transfers.

I’d like to be able to stack items inside so as to be able to make more than one thing at a time. 

Maybe for that I need a second IP, but maybe not. Maybe stack inserts would work. 

For Egg cooking?

Maybe an egg rack or steamer basket or both?

Are the egg bite containers helpful?

Are the cheesecake makers good for any thing other than cheesecake?

If you have accessories what has worked out well?

What has not been useful?

56 minutes ago, Pen said:

And for making or doing what?

I have a 6qt Duo 

I would like to be able to store made items in refrigerator more easily with out lots of transfers.

I’d like to be able to stack items inside so as to be able to make more than one thing at a time. 

Maybe for that I need a second IP, but maybe not. Maybe stack inserts would work. 

For Egg cooking?

Maybe an egg rack or steamer basket or both?

Are the egg bite containers helpful?

Are the cheesecake makers good for any thing other than cheesecake?

If you have accessories what has worked out well?

What has not been useful?

I cook eggs in a mesh colander similar to this one (I have two of different sizes). I can cook many more in the colander than on an egg rack. I have another mesh colander similar to this one; it is excellent for things like potatoes, because it has a handle to lift it out of the pot.

By "cheesecake makers" do you mean the Fat Daddio push pans? Yes, they can be used for stuff other than cheesecake, such as lasagna or taco pie.

the egg bite molds are helpful...if you like to make egg bites. :-) You can also cook other things in them, like brownies, or small, individual portions of things that you can freeze, or feed children with.

• Like 1

They seem to be called springform pans or cheesecake pans. It looks like the side comes off.   I would like to make a cheesecake as a keto dessert, but don’t feel I can justify a whole pan if that is all it would be good for  

We we have made morning egg “muffins” long before it became a Starbucks thing. Using muffin pans in oven. If this can do that without as much difficulty or heating up of the house it could be helpful.  I don’t have a good sense of their size though    I n the pictures they look like mini muffin size which would not help us much if at all    Can eggs be poached in them?

34 minutes ago, Ellie said:

By "cheesecake makers" do you mean the Fat Daddio push pans? Yes, they can be used for stuff other than cheesecake, such as lasagna or taco pie.

I like that mesh colander with handles. That would get a lot of use for all sorts of things!

if you are using your colander without handles do you leave it in till cool or have something to lift it with?

10 hours ago, Pen said:

They seem to be called springform pans or cheesecake pans. It looks like the side comes off.   I would like to make a cheesecake as a keto dessert, but don’t feel I can justify a whole pan if that is all it would be good for  

We we have made morning egg “muffins” long before it became a Starbucks thing. Using muffin pans in oven. If this can do that without as much difficulty or heating up of the house it could be helpful.  I don’t have a good sense of their size though    I n the pictures they look like mini muffin size which would not help us much if at all    Can eggs be poached in them?

I like that mesh colander with handles. That would get a lot of use for all sorts of things!

if you are using your colander without handles do you leave it in till cool or have something to lift it with?

There are two kinds of pans: springform pans, where the side comes off, and the Fat Daddio pans, where the bottom pushes up (commonly called a push pan on the IP FB page). I bought my Fat Daddio pans almost two years ago; I don't remember their being called "cheesecake pans," but maybe I just didn't look carefully at the label. :-) At any rate, I think the push pans are a little bigger than the springform pans, because there's no unlatching mechanism thingie. I didn't have either kind of pan, so I just bought the push pans on Amazon; if you can find springform pans small enough, then get those. It doesn't really matter. :-)

The egg bite thingies are just about the same size as regular muffin tins.  You can cook eggs in them, but they wouldn't technically be "poached," as the eggs wouldn't be immersed in water; they would be more like coddled eggs. I've made the knock-off Starbucks egg bites, and they are tasty. :-)

When I take out the mesh colander, it can be a little tricky, which is why I bought the one with handles. :-) But I use the others for cooking eggs, generally, because when the cooking time is up, I remove the lid and put the whole stainless steel liner into the sink, and run water into it until it's full.

• Thanks 1