Menu

July photo prompts 7/15-7/21

fairfarmhand

Two of my favorite photos, not for photo quality or originality but for pure joy. Dingo was ds' 7th birthday present. They were best friends until Dingo crossed the rainbow bridge in 2016. For those of you who remember my old avatar, it was this dog as an adult.

Bubbles!

12688246_10156420358895447_3421157497084005748_n.jpg

12508745_10156420359250447_7850259803555823810_n.jpg

• Like 14

23 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

Two of my favorite photos, not for photo quality or originality but for pure joy. Dingo was ds' 7th birthday present. They were best friends until Dingo crossed the rainbow bridge in 2016. For those of you who remember my old avatar, it was this dog as an adult.

Bubbles!

12688246_10156420358895447_3421157497084005748_n.jpg

12508745_10156420359250447_7850259803555823810_n.jpg

Aww, I love these pictures!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dotwithaperiod said:

I’ve done the same. But for some reason the bubbly waters don’t go down as easy as a soda! The only flavor I truly enjoy is grapefruit. I felt like I was licking someone’s arm at the beach with the coconut-lime one.

I agree!  I have some favorite LaCroix flavors, but I'm really enjoying 2 of the new Deer Park flavors.  This one and the Pomegranate Lemonade.  One of my boys will drink these too.  The Deer Park are a lot more bubbly than the LaCroix though!

• Like 1

Bubbles: It’s a cheat because I didn’t take this photo; my daughter did. But it’s a 2010 photo of my youngest blowing bubbles on beautiful summer day. 

Excuse the photo-of-a-photo. 

31029C08-4D6F-42C3-8E5C-80E2936F4DD2.jpeg

• Like 9

Bubbles are a hard one. I don’t currently have access to bubbles. I hope you guys aren’t tired of my skyline shots. I just feel so incredibly lucky to spend part of my life here. Chicago is my adopted home and my favorite city. The drops of rain on the window resemble bubbles here I think.

CE8B96A3-E9C0-4BAB-8E28-0FC4A278198A.jpeg

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Barb_ said:

Bubbles are a hard one. I don’t currently have access to bubbles. I hope you guys aren’t tired of my skyline shots. I just feel so incredibly lucky to spend part of my life here. Chicago is my adopted home and my favorite city. The drops of rain on the window resemble bubbles here I think.

I love this picture! It looks imaginary, like a cityscape in a snowglobe. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Barb_ said:

Neither my husband nor I are really city people but we have often said that if we had to move to a city we would choose Chicago. 

• Like 1

Bubbles: Another loose interpretation

Clear backpacks. I loathe clear backpacks. My children have/will attend school in the third largest school district in Texas. In the wake of the Texas school shooting, the powers-that-be decided that everyone in middle/high school must use clear backpacks. They also removed all lockers. My daughter’s backpack weighed 30lbs. ? So I bought several styles and invited all the neighbors, who are bringing their selections. Instead of Tupperware party, we having a “bubble” backpack party. ?

53CA15EF-B39E-43A7-9493-83781F579314.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Stacia said:

A bubbling brook...

image.thumb.jpeg.d7aa30d20d0bf51347c43725b58a446e.jpeg

This is gorgeous!!

We have a family joke about "bubbling brooks". We used to take really long car trips -like 6-8 weeks - whenever my parents were laid off. One time when I was about 8, the whole family was in a rotten mood while driving on one of these trips. My mom finally saw a little bubbling brook and forced us all out to work out some of our grumpies. We all complained and whined (even my dad), but we started to have fun, and my brother, my dad, and I started following the brook and splashing each other, etc. My mom took some pics and then started jumping about. We couldn't hear her and were wondering why she was leaping and flailing about. So we walked back to her (fairly slowly, still splashing, etc), only to find out that she got a bee stuck between her foot and her sandal and was getting stung like crazy. So we still laugh about the cute, little, bubbling brooks and Mom dancing about with a bee. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, beckyjo said:

This is gorgeous!!

We have a family joke about "bubbling brooks". We used to take really long car trips -like 6-8 weeks - whenever my parents were laid off. One time when I was about 8, the whole family was in a rotten mood while driving on one of these trips. My mom finally saw a little bubbling brook and forced us all out to work out some of our grumpies. We all complained and whined (even my dad), but we started to have fun, and my brother, my dad, and I started following the brook and splashing each other, etc. My mom took some pics and then started jumping about. We couldn't hear her and were wondering why she was leaping and flailing about. So we walked back to her (fairly slowly, still splashing, etc), only to find out that she got a bee stuck between her foot and her sandal and was getting stung like crazy. So we still laugh about the cute, little, bubbling brooks and Mom dancing about with a bee. 

Your poor mom!

38 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

That's beautiful. Brooks and creeks are among the few things I miss living in Florida. Not enough to move, but I still miss them.

This was at Mt. Ranier. I think that area is one of the prettiest I've ever seen.

I put "bubbling" brook, but I am wondering if people call them "bubbling" or "babbling". (I've heard both.)

• Like 2

“Babbling”is common around here. When I was in high school, the overly talkative girl in my English class, whose name was Brooke, was called by out teacher “Babbling Brooke”. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quill said:

“Babbling”is common around here. When I was in high school, the overly talkative girl in my English class, whose name was Brooke, was called by out teacher “Babbling Brooke”. ?

Yeah, that is what I was thinking after I posted. That babbling is more what I have heard.

I guess it's a babbling brook that was bubbling.... ?

• Like 1

Chalk:

A few years ago 2 of my girls and I did "Chalk the Walk". We then left a tub of sidewalk chalk out all day and a note to add your own note. I can't find the picture of the artwork we had at the end of the day. One older gentleman got down on the ground and spent an hour(?) working on a sunset picture - it was gorgeous! http://chalkthewalks.com/ 

I'd forgotten how long my youngest's hair was!

11900013_872823986087531_5147832394364252710_n.jpg

1898191_872823706087559_6165658737414913981_n.jpg

11873769_872823826087547_7343041661327922224_n.jpg

• Like 10

Just now, arctic_bunny said:

Chalk

Challenge accepted. Two tween boys, I don’t even know where the chalk is, and I haven’t seen any decorated sidewalks around here lately.

Without further ado, I present to you “Handsome dog sitting on paving stone sans chalk”

5BACA51E-1C53-4CB0-92ED-1679AF66FCEA.jpeg

Beautiful dog!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, beckyjo said:

Chalk:

A few years ago 2 of my girls and I did "Chalk the Walk". We then left a tub of sidewalk chalk out all day and a note to add your own note. I can't find the picture of the artwork we had at the end of the day. One older gentleman got down on the ground and spent an hour(?) working on a sunset picture - it was gorgeous! http://chalkthewalks.com/ 

I'd forgotten how long my youngest's hair was!

11900013_872823986087531_5147832394364252710_n.jpg

1898191_872823706087559_6165658737414913981_n.jpg

11873769_872823826087547_7343041661327922224_n.jpg

I love this!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arctic_bunny said:

Chalk

Challenge accepted. Two tween boys, I don’t even know where the chalk is, and I haven’t seen any decorated sidewalks around here lately.

Without further ado, I present to you “Handsome dog sitting on paving stone sans chalk”

5BACA51E-1C53-4CB0-92ED-1679AF66FCEA.jpeg

That is a beautiful dog! With or without chalk that picture is appreciated. ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had to go digging through my photo archives. Ds used to draw elaborate scenes on our driveway and I know I took pictures of some of them but couldn't find any. I would have just taken a picture of the buckets and buckets of chalk still in our garage but I finally gave it away a few months ago to family members with "chalk age" kids. Then I thought I'd use my sewing chalk but that's boring. Finally I found this. Ds used to attend art classes. They would study a different artist and a different medium each week and had to create something in the style of the artist. This was the week they did both chalk and Degas.

359596543_283300ab56_o.jpg

• Like 12

Chalk: I bought this decorative chalk board to hang for DS’s grad party; I was specifically looking for one that would have something more widely applicable than, for example, “Class of 2018.” So I chose this “Adventure awaits” sign.

The “chalk” (chalk pen) inscription, “Let it begin” was in honor of what DD and DS used to always say on rollercoasters as they would crest over the top of a huge hill. (I’m not sure where that saying originated, though.) But I figured it is a good metaphor - roller coaster ahead, but lots of fun adventures! 

93440B0D-97A0-4D04-8534-F6EC96EE0F38.jpeg

• Like 11

Chalk paint

We had been looking for a TV stand for 5 years but could never find one in our price range we both liked. Then one day my husband got me this! He doesn’t usually like painted wood but really liked this piece and thought I would too.

A friend had liked it on Facebook, he made sure she wasn’t planning to buy it and surprised me with it. It was originally a buffet but we took the mirror off. Someone else painted it with chalk paint and replaced the knobs. It is believed to be over 100 years old. 

CD5BD46B-FBC6-43D1-8CA2-A4EC1D6D5934.jpeg

• Like 10

Chalk

At our previous house the school room was immediately to the right when you came in our front door, and we had this chalkboard in there. I decided to draw a charming welcome for buyers to hopefully make them feel at home when they came in. Here is the chalkboard waiting alongside other things in the dining room to be loaded into our moving truck. It must have worked! ?

12C96E5E-0BE1-4007-8F37-E4185DA88F65.jpeg

• Like 9

I started reading these books before 2012, because I had borrowed them from the e-library before buying. The series is really like a meditation for me. I read until I get to the end, then start over. But because I know them so well, I can start and stop anytime. So I can read one “page,” know what happens next, and think about that while I fall asleep, instead of the million other things that were bouncing around in my head.

763EC245-C102-4FE3-AACE-90EBBC14B94A.jpeg

• Like 6

What am I Reading:

I’m listening to Hillbilly Elegy. I find it interesting but do not agree with the author that his observations apply primarily to “hillbillies.”  I’m reading The Woman in the Window: A Novel every night. I don’t really like it, but I always finish what I start reading. I must read Pool & Spa today because the water hardness level is slightly off in my pool, and I don’t know what that means. The hardbacks speak for themselves. Think I’ll start with The Obesity Code

273712D7-77FC-4994-BF37-DB7250D5ED6B.jpeg

• Like 8

I figured today's prompt would have book stacks and this is my version of a "stack". I can't remember the last time I read a physical book. Yes, I'm reading all of those and I normally have several books going at once. Well, I haven't actually started on the two that say 0% but will start soon. Yesterday shortly after taking the picture I finished the one that was at 90%. Also, I have no idea why my Kindle clock says AM. The clock resets itself now and then to weird times. 

Oh, and I LOVE my Starry Night case. I get a lot of comments about it when I'm reading while out - usually at a doctor's office or some other type of waiting room.

What You're Reading

IMG_1331.JPG

• Like 9