Menu

FundaFunda--Computer Applications--review?

Has anyone used the FundaFunda computer applications course?  Here's the link: https://www.fundafundaacademy.com/product/computer-fundamentals/

About how much time did the class require each week?  One of the reviewers said there was a lot of homework (but there were only 3 reviews).  That's subjective, of course, but I'm still wondering how much "a lot of homework" is.

The description says, "We'll start with the basics." Do they mean that?  My son has very little computer knowledge, which is why we need the class. ? He can create a document in Word and create a PowerPoint, but he's never used a spreadsheet program or much else.  Thanks!

I have signed up 2dds for this,  so I don't have answers for you,  but I do think it looks great.   Did you get the sample? You can see the assignments for the first week of every class. (Some things aren't shown like quizzes and things, but most of the assignments are visible). I do think it looks like it starts at the beginning,  but it does appear to dive right in based on the syllabus. I'll be interested to see what others say, but we're giving it a whirl.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lispy said:

I have signed up 2dds for this,  so I don't have answers for you,  but I do think it looks great.   Did you get the sample? You can see the assignments for the first week of every class. (Some things aren't shown like quizzes and things, but most of the assignments are visible). I do think it looks like it starts at the beginning,  but it does appear to dive right in based on the syllabus. I'll be interested to see what others say, but we're giving it a whirl.  

No, I didn't get the sample! Off to find it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lispy said:

I can't find the samples.  I feel like I've combed over every inch of the screen, so I must be missing something.  How did you find the samples?  Thanks!  Maybe I have to purchase it before I get the samples?  

ETA:  Wait...I just found some demos of the classes.  They link to videos and tell you what to watch or read.  I'm pretty sure these are the samples you're referring to.

1 minute ago, lispy said:

You can see them before purchase.   I'm just on my phone right now, but  I'll be on the computer in just a little while and see if I can find it again.

We probably cross posted--I updated my previous post to say that I think I found them--I found them as demos.  

• Like 1

In case someone in the future is searching, here is some information, because it's always nice when someone provides information on threads like these:

The FundaFunda Computer Applications course isn't the traditional online class where you watch a video of a teacher and then do work.

Rather, a teacher has compiled many links to videos or articles for the student to watch and read.  Then, the teacher has created quizzes and assignments around those videos and links. The class is new and different every single day.  

For an example, the student is given links to videos about cyber security and links to articles about it.  The teacher created an activity about a child who needs to create a password.  Information is given about the child (her address, her dog's name, etc).  The assignment is for your student to help this child create a strong password based on what your student saw in the videos and read in the articles.

To see more examples of this, go to the FundaFunda FAQ page and look at this question:

What does a typical week look like?

Obviously this differs from class to class, but to help you get an idea, we have set up a demo classroom with the first week of most of our classes. Click here to access the Demo Classroom. Then use the login student@fundafunda.comwith password fundafunda.

--------------

The above link will take you to the entire first week's assignments so you can see for yourself how it works.  The work in that week would be divvied up over the 5 days of that week.  That link will take you to the other classes FundaFunda offers as well, in case you want to see examples of those.

• Like 1