Menu

Nevemind

ondreeuh

There are computer bots that read and store internet information. It is possible that your post wasn't read by as many human eyes as the counter shows before you deleted it. I also know a lot of posters who only read at night when they are going to sleep on their cell phones.  Then reply in the morning. They don't want to type on their phone or be too engaged with a post to go to sleep.

I also didn't see your post (looks like you posted around 1am EDT but I am not sure), and maybe I couldn't have responded in a useful way anyway, but often I am reading on my phone while I have a snippet of time, and plan to go back and respond when I have more time and/or on my desktop. I don't like to post while on my phone, unless it's something short.  (Or, I feel the need to have my say immediately LOL.)   

So, don't be discouraged.  Though, I have sometimes had posts that got no replies. It does happen that no one has anything to say.  Even here on the hive.  :-)

I just generally don't share private information online, and when I put myself out there and have like 70 views yet no response, it just feels like the cost of the exposure is not worth the benefit. I would have just deleted the whole thing but didn't see a way to.

16 minutes ago, ondreeuh said:

I just generally don't share private information online, and when I put myself out there and have like 70 views yet no response, it just feels like the cost of the exposure is not worth the benefit. I would have just deleted the whole thing but didn't see a way to.

This homeschool board is HUGE. There are many many lurkers who never post.  Like seriously never.  So just because 70 people looked it it doesn't mean those were 70 regular posters.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ondreeuh said:

I know how that feels. There's nothing like baring your soul and not getting a response. I bet the pp was right about the bots since it was an off time. But it's okay that you decided you'd rather not share after all.

If you change your mind, I bet there are some folks around during the day that could chime in.

((hugs))

• Like 2

I’m so sorry I didn’t see your post, Andrea!  Please remember that many non-forum-members read our threads, so that could account for many of the views, and as others have said, maybe the regular posters who did read it weren’t sure how to respond. I know that sometimes when I read a serious post, I want to take a little time to think about it before I reply instead of just posting an off-the-cuff remark. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ondreeuh said:

I read a post last night about significant weight loss and some issues that came with it. Is this the one? I don't want to say more as you have deleted it now - if this was it. I could not comment on your questions since I have no answers but wow, congrats on achieving this. Maybe you could just repost the gist of it? There is likely someone here during day hours who has something to say about this. You have reason to be proud of yourself!