Menu

Remember our recent convo about being explicit with instructions?

sassenach

Dh is replacing our bathroom faucet. The vanity is white wainscoat, very countryish. I didn’t notice until he was halfway into installation that he chose the most modern faucet I can imagine. He’s too far along to stop what he’s doing and go exchange it. Says I should have bought it if I had a style in mind. ?

Lesson learned. 

• Like 2

I feel ya, sister. I was away visiting my sister and dh painted our kitchen cabinets two different colors. The cabinets are tan and the doors are white. People who see it for the first time Are so confused....are we painting the doors to match? Or did we paint the doors and will eventually take them off And paint the cabinets? They are not any less confused when dh announces the project is done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I actually did a very similar combination when I redecorated a house my mother was in maybe ten years ago... I think at the time the combination was in multiple cottage/beachy home design blogs. This was around the time white subway tile with white grout first came back into style. Everything was beadboard, white subway, and that faucet.  She loved it at first. Guests commented how much they loved it. But then she decided that it was disgusting because toothpaste kept getting splattered into the spout, and she felt like no matter how much she cleaned it it was still germy, so she replaced it with a classic one.

My point is, if you still hate it in a few months, use the germ excuse to replace it with something more classic.

Edited by Katy
Despite recent evidence to the contrary, I can spell.
  • Like 1