Menu

How to search (yet again)

Garga

Sorry, guys, I know we've all brought this up a billion times, but I've forgotten the workaround to searching the forums, if there is one.

Before the board change I had so-so results by googling "welltrainedmind notgrass".  I'd get a bunch of links to wtm threads about Notgrass, though I knew for a fact that I wasn't getting everything, because sometimes when I'd try to find something I had *just read* it wouldn't show up in a search. 

Today I've tried googling for  site:welltrainedmind notgrass, search site:welltrainedmind notgrass, site:welltrainedmind "notgrass", well trained mind notgrass....etc, etc.  I've tried every variation I can think of, with and without the word 'site', with and without quotes, putting spaces between words, with or without the '.com', etc.  I get 4 threads about Notgrass from 2008 to 2013.  I know we've talked about Notgrass in the past 5 years.  

I'm about to plan my entire homeschool year for the next year.  In the past I've relied heavily on being able to search for the curric I'm considering and read a bunch of threads about it.  Is that option gone forever?  Am I going to have to start a new thread for each and every curric I'm interested in and hope people respond?  Urgh. 

Has anyone been able to search and get threads later than 2013 to come up??  With consistency?

• Like 1

I always have to figure it out over again. 

Anyway, I put "notgrass" into the google search field.  When the wide-ranging results pop up, I clicked settings, then advanced search, then under site or domain put in welltrainedmind.com.  I get two pages of results, with one from 2018. 

Google then shows grass site:welltrainedmind.com in the search field.  So weird that it isn't giving you much.  

• Like 1

Searching on this site seems like it's getting better, so try that too. I used the other day and got decent results. When I just typed "notgrass" into the search just now, and this thread was the second result. The first had activity two hours ago, and the third was from Sunday.

On 7/10/2018 at 6:09 PM, Zuzu822 said:

Searching on this site seems like it's getting better, so try that too. I used the other day and got decent results. When I just typed "notgrass" into the search just now, and this thread was the second result. The first had activity two hours ago, and the third was from Sunday.

Oh wow!  I hadn't even tried the search here because it had never worked, but this time I actually got something (like you did.)  That's good news!  I hope it keeps improving (or maybe it already has--haven't had a chance to play with it yet.)