Menu

Avancemos Spanish

I attempted to order Avancemos Spanish 1 Homeschool Kit from HMHCO last night, but it won't let me add it to the cart, and it won't let me sign in either. It times out. Their website sucks.

I see that Christian Book has the textbook for $25 cheaper, but does anyone know if that includes the codes for the digital stuff as well? If so, I'll order from there. I just wanted to make sure.

I just called and ordered directly. I get used texts from Amazon; the online bit is just $17.95.  

I'm not sure exactly what the homeschool kit all includes in comparison? I teach to small groups of homeschoolers as well as tutor.  Hm, not sure if they'd let you just get one license for the online bit, but you could ask...

Oh, $17.95 would be great! I guess I'll call and ask if I can get the online bit... The homeschool kit includes the textbook (physical), online versions of the student and teacher texts, and access to all the online extras.

The online stuff has a whole bunch of materials.  There are videos and audio texts that go with each chapter (for both text and workbook), tons of extra practice worksheets, the PDF of the workbook, tests if you want to use them, extra reading activities.  It may well be more than you need if you're only teaching one kid?  But the audio texts and videos are really useful.

For $17.95 it's definitely worth it, but I'm not sure if they'll sell you just one license...?  Can't hurt to ask...

Full tests, like 5 pages long, on paper. With three different levels for each one. They include writing,  listening, and speaking assessments as well, not just grammar and vocab. I took full advantage of that this year! In my class, 3 kids took the on-level exams, the other two got modified  (easier; more multiple choice and t/f), and my tutoring student took the 'pre-ap' level.

Also vocabulary and other quizzes are available if you want them.  

There's also a midterm and a final; I didn't have enough class time to get to those. 

• 1 year later...