Menu

Essential Oils - Young Living and Plant Therapy

bfw0729

I just purchased a YL kit and am enjoying mixing the oils. With the kit, I chose the option of a minimum purchase of $50 in a 12 month rolling period. I didn't want to feel obligated to purchase every month, so this option works for me. Anyway, the oils are great, but very expensive. I have never used PT oils and wondered if their quality is about the same as YL? They have been bragged about from friends and the price is so reasonable. I was thinking to use YL for more serious issues, and use PT for daily usage.  I would like to smell "good" everyday by way of PT, and use YL for ailments such as migraines, colds, etc...

I have been around EO and want to use them. I just cannot justify spending a lot of money (i.e. YL) so I could smell nice everyday, you know?

Just an FYI:  A minimum purchase of $50 in the 12 month period is a requirement to stay a member after the anniversary date.   It's not really an option at sign-up, it's just how the YL membership works.  What is an option is Essential Rewards, that is a required monthly purchase that earns you points to redeem for products. 

Plant therapy oils are just as good.  Eden's Garden is another one to consider if you don't want to pay the MLM inflated prices.  YL does have some blends that you can't buy elsewhere but most of them have copycat recipes available where you can recreate the blend yourself and still save money.  I've yet to find a single benefit to purchasing from a MLM company.

Wanted to chime in to agree that Plant Therapy oils are just as good. As are Rocky Mountain Oils. YL are not the only “pure” oils or whatever they claim. There are other reputable companies that have great oils and lots of wonderful blends. And many of the other companies are more reasonably priced when you get rid of the MLM aspect.