Menu

CLEP scheduled exam dates

MarkT

(cross answering) No secret about it. I'll share. 

CLEP dates are not set by the College Board with national dates or anything.  Each Test Center sets its own times and days on it.  Centers near me post that info on their websites and can be read before any registration takes place (mileage may vary on that of course).

When my middle is preparing for CLEP, I look up on the test center site when it is available so we can plan study time.  Then when study prep is done, I log in to College Board account to pay for CLEP test fee.  That registration gives me a registration ticket with number.  The test center I use wants that number when I register for the test site and pay the test center fee (a separate fee.   Take ticket with me to test center.

eta.  community college near me is once a month.  state university near me has multiple dates per month.  and a for profit university near me used to offer on demand, so you could do any day.   Also, time of can has been very flexible for us.  We can pick our time within a 4 hour window to start. nice bonus.

Edited by cbollin
adding info about time of day
  • Like 2

Yep, Cbollin has it exactly right. Just find the test center you want to use, then pay for the admission ticket with that center on it and schedule. Test centers here charge $25 on top of the test fee charged by the college board, but tests can be scheduled during regular business hours 5 days/week most of the time. It is a little awkward, but really super easy.

• Like 2

Once you register and pay the fee on the College Board, I think your ticket is good for 6 months, it's not tied to a particular test date. DS took the Sociology CLEP last month, and he was able to get an appointment at the nearest test center (state uni) within a week; they had multiple openings and he could just pick the time and date that was most convenient. You show up with your ticket and ID and they assign you to a computer (kind of like taking the written test at the DMV). When you're done, the test is automatically scored and you can get a print-out of your score from the registration desk. Easy peasy. I only wish that DS had done more of them!

• Like 2