Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
happysmileylady

Omg the dog was well controlled!

That title is sarcastic.  

DH and I were walking around the house this evening discussing landscaping.  We aren’t wanting to do major work of course, just clean up the beds that are already here, maybe make use of them for some tomatoes or something. 

While we were out, the dog next door was out, it’s the first time we saw the dog or anyone else out next door. The owners came out when the dog started barking. 

But.....the dog was in his OWN yard.  And his barking was OBVIOUSLY playful and not aggressive. 

In the place we moved from, the first encounter we had with neighborhood dogs was a german shepherd that essentially roamed the neighborhood freely.  He was “owned” my our neighbors 2 doors down but behaved like an outdoor cat. 

Anyway, I have not seen a dog loose since we moved in....one more positive.  

• Like 7

How wonderful! I'm not being sarcastic, I'm really happy! I'm at a point where any loose roaming dog, if the owner isn't pretty much RIGHT THERE, I'm picking them up and hauling them to the shelter. Unless I'm scared of them. Then I'm calling animal control and letting them do it. If the owner cares so much, they can darn well go out to Arthur Kill and pick them up again and maybe in the future they'll keep a watch on their pet.

I wonder if your neighbor has one of those invisible fences.

That's great! I love neighborhoods without random dogs running loose. My current neighborhood is mostly good too. I was afraid a few weeks ago that I might lose one buttock to a jumpy German Shepherd, but other than that it's been great. ?

That's good news. I can't stand when people let their dogs run loose. It's dangerous for the dogs and dangerous for people as well.

Our closest neighbors are about a mile down the road and they have always let their dogs run loose. I can't even tell you how many times we've had people stop at our house and say, "Your dogs are running loose out by the road." Nope, my dogs are safe in their fenced yard...