Menu

Jumping on the hair help bandwagon.

Thanks to Katy and her pixie search, I'm inspired to ask the hive for hair help.  I have very curly hair and have been wearing variations on a stacked bob for several years.   Lately, I've been feeling very frumpy.  So, last month, I told my stylist that I needed to defrump ... that I needed something edgier.   She suggested an asymmetrical bob. I took off my glasses and let her get to work.  When I put them back on, I was a bit surprised at how much she had cut on the one side.  I was happy with the fact that it was a change, but over the last 2 weeks, I am less happy with it.  I go back next weekend for a trim before a big trip and want her to fix the shape.  I feel like the short side looks like my 80s short cut, only with less shape.  Here is the current pic (taken after a sweaty climbing session, but it represents how my hair looks in real life, not after perfect conditions and no wind.)  

So, what modifications would you recommend?  It being summer and my body's penchant for hot flashes, blowdryer and flat irons are out of the question.

selfie asymmetrical bob.jpg

• Like 1

I guess I always pictured you with a pirate eye patch...

I have been feeling the same frumpiness and I have an appointment tomorrow to try to address it. If she could only cut off ten years rather than ½ an inch. Sigh.

I like your hair. I think it looks sassy. My hair is so devoid of curl I'm not qualified to give any suggestions on yours.

I have no idea about the hair, but I just wanted to pop in and tell you how you have totally floored me with your photo.  I’ve “known” you online for many years, and you always describe yourself in such . . . frumpy, plain, boring terms.  You look young and beautiful and simply adorable.  

Don’t change a thing!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Big Buckin' Longhorn said:

I have no idea about the hair, but I just wanted to pop in and tell you how you have totally floored me with your photo.  I’ve “known” you online for many years, and you always describe yourself in such . . . frumpy, plain, boring terms.  You look young and beautiful and simply adorable.  

Don’t change a thing!

Seriously!!! Holy cow! You are so cute!

You guys are way too kind.  I have to say that this is a particularly good picture (it was a rare date with hubby ... he actually went climbing with me and we went to a movie afterwards.) 

I still feel that the proportions of the cut are off, but I can't put my finger on what.  Most of the pics I see online for curly styles are of people who do NOT have naturally curly hair or they are way too high maintenance and would not survive a puff of wind or humidity (or the hot flash from carrying a load of laundry up the stairs.)  

• Like 1

You have beautiful curly hair!  I have to admit though, I'm not a fan of asymmetrical hairstyles as far as length.  It does look super cute on you, but I get what you mean.  

Maybe fuller on one side but not necessarily longer?

Or a shorter pixie cut?

Unknown.jpeg

images-1.jpeg

• Like 2

You're so cute with that grin it's hard to be objective about your hair.  I don't think I'd have an opinion of your hair if we met in real life and you were smiling like that, but I'm pretty sure I'd really like you. The first shot J-Rap posted above is probably what I'd try next, but my hair is only slightly wavy, so I'm not sure my opinion matters.