Menu

College Readiness

Hi all,

I haven't been on the board at all since the update so it's been a minute :).  Additionally, my oldest son decided to go to our local IB school for high school & my next oldest is just now a rising freshman. I need to start coming back! We use WTMA & fundafundaacademy.com as well as our local co-op & some kitchen-table schooling :). My sons are taking Python right now through fundafundaacademy.com as a summer course & FFA just released a couple of contests for summer, one of which we signed up for & I think there are some families here that might be as excited as I am. It is a High School Challenge, homeschoolers only, for the month of July. Complete tasks to advance college-readiness, earn points & win prizes! I hope this helps someone here who is looking for a little something for their high-schoolers this summer :). My son will be there & it's always more fun to work to be on a leaderboard of a large field :).  https://www.fundafundaacademy.com/product/high-school-challenge-homeschoolers/

• Like 1

Here's a little more information on the contest my son is signed up for. I'm not an affiliate. I'm just really, really excited about the potential of this resource. DS14 is a rising freshman & I know there is so much that we both have to learn. He & I are both excited that this might be a help! 

FundaFunda is offering a contest to encourage high schoolers to spend some time on college prep this summer. For the month of July, those who sign up will be able to perform as many challenges as they choose to, earn points, and ultimately prizes. They will be guided through the challenges ie this is really a college prep class - with rewards for working through it. Students will be guided to think what kind of college they are interested in attending, how much it will cost, how to find scholarships, what type of career they are suited and many other things they should be giving thought to before their senior year. They will also have challenges related to skills they need to be successful in college - good internet search skills, note-taking, creating slideshows etc. First place will win $150 and then the next 15 students will have the chance to choose (the higher they place they earlier they get to choose) from a variety of prizes donated by the sponsors. Everyone else who earns at least 30 points will get a $5 gift card.

https://www.fundafundaacademy.com/product/high-school-challenge-homeschoolers/

• Thanks 1