Menu

Need help finding science for 3rd grade!

My kiddos' favorite thing is science. We used RSO this year and they enjoyed it. I've thought of just continuing on with it, however, I'd really like something with a Biblical worldview that also presents other views. I thought I may have found it with NOEO, but it turns out from my extensive online reading that NOEO really doesn't present much at all, of any view. So...what do you know about RSO-style science (non-textbook, multiple books, lots experiments) that's Biblically based and discusses other points of view?

Noeo, when they were their own company, stated that they expect you to teach your faith along with science - that your faith should shine through every subject you do instead of accepting someone else's interpretation.  I am not sure now that they are under Master Books.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for.  What does biblically based mean in your opinion?

HomeAgain, I wasn't aware that NOEO was part of Master books now. It's not on their website. Although, I admit I don't understand how all that works.

I appreciate your comment about the thought process that went into noeo. I will have to rethink what I'm after. I thought I wanted to find a creationist, young Earth curriculum that uses the Bible as a filter for truth but doesnt totally ignore other viewpoints or present them haphazardly.

Thanks for your comment.

• 2 weeks later...

We use RSO as our main science but I also read from one or two corresponding books from Answers in Genesis.  I feel like this way we can learn more details about each topic without me having to read a very wordy text (i.e. Apologia).  Typically, I don't do all the demos in the AIG books but do most of the labs in the RSO books. It's the best of both worlds for us.  

I agree with the Answers in Genesis suggestion. I think they present an underlying respect for people of different viewpoints. 

The other suggestion I have is Berean Builders. Science is presented in the context of history so other viewpoints are presented in a matter-of-fact sort of way. "So and so concluded ..... because.....".  Each lesson includes an experiment on a scientist's discovery.  

I have not used RSO or Noeo.