Menu

Any neuropsych recommendations for evals in the greater Seattle area?

I don't know if you got any recommendations backchannel, but if you didn't and you haven't thought of this already, here's a suggestion.

You could look through this list:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/testing-and-evaluation/wa/seattle

You can pick out names from the list that may work for you and then enter the names in the site below to get reviews.

https://www.vitals.com/

I have done this locally so I thought I would suggest it. 

OK - I am pursuing some leads given to me by people.  Thank you.  But Kaiser (our insurance) has also said that if I go through their Speech, Language and Learning division that they might cover 90%.  Is that even worth pursuing?  I have to admit some prejudice against Kaiser but don't know anything about those services. 

I think it would probably be worth pursuing since even if you need private pay person also it might cut down your costs if some testing is already done. 

But maybe check out names you get to try to avoid a bad experience. 

• Like 1

OK - we have a local neuropysch appt. made.   Thanks everyone.

BTW - do not go through Kaiser!  They split things up so that you can only get tested for ADD/ ADHD with one division and things like dyslexia through another.  And both are with the intent of MEDICAL management and not other therapies.  Plus. .  they kept insisting that my daughter had to have a traumatic brain injury for me to even be considering this. . . .    ???  Um, no. 

Glad you have other options than having to go through them! That would be very irritating to be told something like that. Good to hear you have located someone that is close to you. Hope all goes well for you and your girl!

23 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

OK - we have a local neuropysch appt. made.   Thanks everyone.

BTW - do not go through Kaiser!  They split things up so that you can only get tested for ADD/ ADHD with one division and things like dyslexia through another.  And both are with the intent of MEDICAL management and not other therapies.  Plus. .  they kept insisting that my daughter had to have a traumatic brain injury for me to even be considering this. . . .    ???  Um, no. 

May I ask with whom you made the appointment? I am looking for a referral as well.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, momchiroto2 said:

May I ask with whom you made the appointment? I am looking for a referral as well.

Thanks!

Betty Jones.  Most of the other neuropsychs aren't even taking new patients until they get through a backlog of appointments that go out six months.  I don't know if her availability means that she's not as good, but the tests she uses are the same as the others and that is primarily what I want.  I don't need help navigating the college accommodation process (already done that with one college student and I feel like the process is fairly standard).  And I'm fairly confident with how I'm working with my dd, though any suggestions she makes will be welcome as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, momchiroto2 said:

Thanks!

Quoting you again to say that we met with Betty Jones today and both dd and I really like her.  Testing is still in the future but she had a one hour pre-testing visit where she asked tons of screening questions and explained everything. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Quoting you again to say that we met with Betty Jones today and both dd and I really like her.  Testing is still in the future but she had a one hour pre-testing visit where she asked tons of screening questions and explained everything. 

Thank you!