Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Jenkins

Fixit grammar - when to use the levels

We have loved using fixit grammar over the last school year but I am not sure how to space it out. There are six books and we used the first book with my 4th-5th graders. Should I do something different this school year and come back to it? I just don't know how quickly it will increase in difficulty and I don't want it to become a struggle. Any advice? Any suggestions on what we should do instead? 

Thanks in advance! I get such great advice here! I love it! 

According to their pathway, IEW recommends doing Books 1 and 2 in 4th/5th grades, Books 3 and 4 in 7th/8th grades, and Books 5 and 6 in 10th/11th grades. Based on that, you could move right into Book 2.

We did Book 1 in 3rd grade and Book 2 in 4th. I don't know how advanced Book 3 is, but since it's not recommended until 7th grade, we're going to take a break and do another grammar program for this upcoming year. 

IEW has excellent customer service, so you can always contact them for more information on what's covered in each book. There's also samples included on their site:

https://iew.com/shop/products/fix-it-grammar-robin-hood-teacher’s-manual-book-2

• Like 3

Also, homeschool buyers co-op was doing a free summer download of one of the fix it grammar work books with the first 2 weeks of the teacher manual. You could always go over and see if they are still doing it and if so, nab the book you want to look at to see how difficult it might be. The download is the full workbook as I downloaded Robin Hood. 

• Like 2