Menu

June ACT scores?

I was surprised at how fast they came. This was the first time she’s been able to get scores online. There are benefits to finally being 13!.

On the SAT, if your DD has a CTY account, they may post there before they come in the mail. DD’s did, back in 2015 :).

• Like 1

I was shocked how fast they came!  My 8th grader took if for the first time.  She had 1 stand out section and otherwise has plenty of work.  LOL.  My kids at that age don't care either.  She didn't even ask for her full score.  Just good practice.  She did fantastic on K-12 open ended/untimed testing last year so I knew she was ready to move on.   It's good for her and it was for my other kid to practice the speed/focus thing because they have some asynchonicities there.  

The junior just got his this morning.  WHOOP WHOOP!  He is happy and done and can academically apply anywhere he wants.  He prepped for this go around and the speed/accuracy isn't natural for him so I'm so happy for him!  Lots of doors are open!  And also crossing fingers for merit aid!

• Like 3

I was surprised at how fast they came. This was the first time she’s been able to get scores online. There are benefits to finally being 13!. She didn’t do writing this time, since none of the colleges that she’s interested in even look at it. 

On the SAT, check CTY accounts if your Chold has one. When DD did it at age 10, CTY got her scores several days before the official release date, and almost a month before the came in the mail. 

• Like 1

Congratulations! Quick question - did you & she sign up for a college board account at 13 & it auto-imported any pre-13 test scores? Or do those not appear? Or did you go through a different procedure? My sons took ACTs in middle school but it is now time for them to create college board accounts & I just want to make sure we've done in properly. Thanks!

15 hours ago, flyingaway said:

Grr. Grr. Grr. My daughter is refusing to look at hers until after the camp she’s at finishes on Friday. 

I can understand that, but I can imagine that the waiting would be hard on YOU!

Scores have been received here.

• Like 1

I forgot to update - we finally received the scores! Ds#3 hit his goal. He is over the requirement for top scholarships locally.

Just because there are limited places to brag about this (nowhere, actually), I'll share it here: That means my record is unbroken! Three out of three of my homeschooled seniors have scored high enough for full merit scholarships, on their first-ever-in-life standardized test. Combined with not-so-high income and living at home for undergrad, this is how these blue collar boys go to college without more debt than they could pay off in two years of working as a fast food franchise manager. In other words, low-risk enough that we dare.

One more boy to go: Ds#4 starts ninth grade in the fall.

(Edit: Ds#2 decided not to use his acceptances and scholarships - he is now thriving in a plumbing apprenticeship. And I'm not sure Ds#4 will be the college type, either - but these were some of my homeschooling goals - to do my best to make sure that they could go to college if they wanted!)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

When you sign up for an account, You use the ID number from prior tests, and yes, they are there. ACT does not report those talent search scores except on explicit request (it cost $35 extra to get DD’s 6th grade scores reported to the local community college).

we haven’t done a post 13 College board account yet. As I understand it, though, only those scores you told them to keep will be retained before age 13. 

3 hours ago, dmmetler said:

we haven’t done a post 13 College board account yet. As I understand it, though, only those scores you told them to keep will be retained before age 13. 

Are they automatically deleted before the age 13 or before 9th grade? I think for most kids age 13 puts them in grade 8. I am just double checking on this because I don’t really want 8th grade scores retained and I thought they would be automatically deleted.