Menu

Happy Incredibles Day!

That’s the first thing I heard upon waking.  ?

Because, yes, we are nerds and my entire family is obsessed with seeing the new Incredibles movie on opening day.  

Sooooo... Happy Incredibles Day everyone!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

It opens today??? Hmmm....we may just be planning an outing for this evening!

Updated - well, never mind going today. Dh is out of town for work so I texted him to see if he wanted to see it (he doesn’t love kid movies and in particular, isn’t a fan of Disney). Of course, he wants to see it, so we will wait until he’s home (may not be another week and a half!!!). Please come back and let us know how it is. 

• Like 2

Oh yeh, I should say we almost never see movies in the theater.  It’s pricey, and for us it’s a huge production.  We have to arrive early and wipe down the entire area where we sit.   And I spend the entire movie surreptitiously checking to make sure DS is ok.  A movie theater feels like an allergen pit.  Allergies.  Ugh!

But DH preordered these seats months ago, and we have the poster and the excitement is palpable.  Yay!

ETA:  one benefit to allergies - no eating in the theater!  Hahahahaha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just mentioned this to dh and he noted that the drive-in is playing it.  That would be cool, yeah? ?  But then we looked at the prices: $16 per adult, $12 per kid. ? In a car. So, uh, I think we'll catch this later and do a double feature at home.

It sounds fantastic, though!

30 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

I just mentioned this to dh and he noted that the drive-in is playing it.  That would be cool, yeah? ?  But then we looked at the prices: $16 per adult, $12 per kid. ? In a car. So, uh, I think we'll catch this later and do a double feature at home.

When I was a kid drive in movies were cheap and we were allowed to bring our own snacks in. Now our local drive in is WAY more expensive than our regular theater and no food allowed to be brought in. Boo.  Why are they so much more now?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Annie G said:

When I was a kid drive in movies were cheap and we were allowed to bring our own snacks in. Now our local drive in is WAY more expensive than our regular theater and no food allowed to be brought in. Boo.  Why are they so much more now?

That was my thought! I think it's the nostalgia factor.  People pay more for something they want to share with their kids.  And it probably doesn't help that I live in Tourist Central, so from Memorial Day to Labor Day the population swells with people ready to spend easily.
On the flip, I also live in an area with fantastic library systems that know that locals need a break, so they have several museum and attraction passes that can be signed out to get a reduced or no-cost entry to the touristy places.  Movie nights are few and far between for our family, though.  If we can't see a matinee at our tiny little theatre, we probably will wait until it comes out on video.  Oh, well.  Youngest ds is usually sick if we buy any non-packaged food at the theatre, to include drinks, which would have made the drive in a great choice for our family - provided we could have brought our own food in still!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

Dang. The only local drive in close to me charges $9 for anyone 10 and up. It's a $1 for kids between the ages of 5-9 (under 5 is free). It used to be $1 for kids up to age 12, which was nice.

Enjoy, Spryte. We're planning to see it at the drive in because that's the only way we can actually watch it while letting youngest run around and squirm when necessary, and it's become tradition in the last few years to see at least 1 movie during the summer at the drive in.

• Like 2

We are going tonight the adults have movie pass so its not to bad.  We have a drive in about an hour away and it is still cheap kids are only $2.00 each but we only go a few times a year because of distance and schedules.

• Like 1

We went to the double feature our theater offered last night! The first is DH's favorite Pixar movie. We got to see the first one in the theater for the first time, as oldest was just a baby when it came out. Then they showed a very bizarre, very adorable, very hilarious short film followed by Incredibles 2.

We all loved it! No spoilers from me. ?

• Like 3

I'm glad to hear it opened today. I was thinking of taking dh for Father's Day but didn't want to if it was going to be a crowded opening day (thought it opened on Father's Day itself). But if it opened today...

• Like 1

My boys all went with friends (the friends are all siblings too, all the same ages as my kids) to the midnight showing last night. The oldest in the group of friends works so the midnight show was the only one they could do. 

DH and I stayed home since he had to work, but the kids came in emphatically saying we MUST see it. They are all angling to get tickets to go back as DH's father's day gift (not gonna happen) and saying how wonderful it was, etc. My youngest of course said "It's *Incredible* how great that movie was..." LOL! 

So, we'll see. DH and I are fine waiting for it to hit Redbox, but of course when I said that the boys all said we have to buy it when it comes out. They and their whole group loved it. 

• Like 1