Menu

The Really, Netflix? Teachers Lounge 6-11-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning and welcome to the summer Teachers Lounge! Glad to see you here!

Today's theme stems from the fact that I got a hankering to watch a particular movie that used to be on Netflix fairly recently
but when I went to watch part of it this morning, it's no longer available. *sigh*

What are some of your favorite things to watch on Netflix (Prime, iTunes, Hulu, wherever)? Here: this morning I wanted to re-watch
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Not the best out of the series, but definitely not the worst, either. Wanted to refresh my memory of what
happened there before the new one comes out in July. For TV shows, I like to watch: Shetland, NCIS, White Collar, Flash (with my son), and 
a couple of others.

Anyone else feeling the Monday in the Monday today? Here: ME!

Talk to me! :bigear:

Mr. Ellie and I are catching up on NCIS. We watched it faithfully until about the last, oh, four years (when Zeva left), and since then it's been sporadic. I think we're on Season 12 now, and most of the episodes are new to us. We're also catching up on the Blacklist; I had watched it consistently but Mr. Ellie hadn't; I didn't think he cared for it, but turns out he does, so we started back at the beginning. We both like Criminal Minds; waiting for this season to be released. I watch Grey's Anatomy and Walking Dead. Ditto for those (but really, how much longer can Walking Dead go on???).

A couple of British shows aren't on NetFlix any longer: MI5 and Primeval.

We enjoyed Doc Martin.

We watch Riverdale, Legends of Tomorrow, Good Witch, The 100, and Jane the Virgin as new to us shows.

I watch Supernatural as a rewatch even though I'm watching it "live".  I recently started watching Jericho, which I saw when it was on tv.   

Other than that, we are dyeing hair blue today.  Dd the bottom half of her very long hair, ds his entire head, and I even did a small braid underneath on my hair.   Since I'm really sloppy, my hands, our sink and the bathroom rugs also have blue on them.

Currently watching Grey's Anatomy, but got an error message today that it's not available to watch immediately (or something odd like that). I was watching it this morning, took a break, went to watch the next episode, and it won't load. Grrr. 

Other than that....we were watching Stranger Things, the reboot of Lost in Space, and we use it for NCIS.  I was hoping to find The Middle, but Netflix doesn't have it. Waaah! We also watch a lot of stand-up comedy, when we can find some that are family-friendly. Ha! Easier said than done....

Haven't ventured into movies too much, yet. We are new to Netflix, so still exploring. 

Netflix veterans -- around when in the year does Netflix tend to get the most recent season of shows? Will they get the just-ended season once the new season starts on network TV? Or later than that? 

• Like 1

I think when they get shows/more episodes is probably based on contract. I have noticed that with certain movie genres (Star Wars, Mission Impossible, etc) they might have certain movies from the set available for a limited time, but once the series is bringing out a new movie, even the least popular will be taken off Netflix. 

I'm still waiting for the new season (Season 4) of Shetland to be posted. Don't know how long that's supposed to take. BBC seems to be really slow to release. or maybe it's Netflix. Don't really know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scrapbookbuzz said:

I think when they get shows/more episodes is probably based on contract. I have noticed that with certain movie genres (Star Wars, Mission Impossible, etc) they might have certain movies from the set available for a limited time, but once the series is bringing out a new movie, even the least popular will be taken off Netflix. 

I'm still waiting for the new season (Season 4) of Shetland to be posted. Don't know how long that's supposed to take. BBC seems to be really slow to release. or maybe it's Netflix. Don't really know.

I don't see Shetland. Is it streaming or DVD?

Had a day off of summer activities yesterday (Monday), we ended up watching 10 episodes of Moonshine and Valentine (a Chinese modern fantasy/sci-fi drama) on Dramafever. It was quite addictive. Hoping we can watch the other 15 episodes soon and get back to our Chinese historical drama Secret of the Three Kingdoms (adaptation of one of the stories in the novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms). 

We're also getting close to finishing up Star Trek Voyager as a family. Only a couple of episodes left and it's all done.

21 hours ago, TheReader said:

Currently watching Grey's Anatomy, but got an error message today that it's not available to watch immediately (or something odd like that). I was watching it this morning, took a break, went to watch the next episode, and it won't load. Grrr. 

Other than that....we were watching Stranger Things, the reboot of Lost in Space, and we use it for NCIS.  I was hoping to find The Middle, but Netflix doesn't have it. Waaah! We also watch a lot of stand-up comedy, when we can find some that are family-friendly. Ha! Easier said than done....

Haven't ventured into movies too much, yet. We are new to Netflix, so still exploring. 

Netflix veterans -- around when in the year does Netflix tend to get the most recent season of shows? Will they get the just-ended season once the new season starts on network TV? Or later than that? 

It seems to vary.   Season 13 of Supernatural is available already and the last episode just aired on tv a couple weeks ago.

On the other hand, some shows seem to not appear on Netflix until the next season has started on tv, or even later.

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

It seems to vary.   Season 13 of Supernatural is available already and the last episode just aired on tv a couple weeks ago.

On the other hand, some shows seem to not appear on Netflix until the next season has started on tv, or even later.

well, humm. Thanks. Guess I will keep stalking Netflix until it arrives. 

• Like 1