Menu

Eraser refills for 1.3mm pencils

So has anyone found a good solution to this whole issue of papermate not offering eraser refills for these pencils? I know they're not readily available, but somehow I thought that if I actually contacted a real person there and made a desperate plea (we have over a hundred of these pencils laying around and half of them are missing erasers!!) that they would do some decent PR/customer service and make me some sort of deal... No luck. So I'm back to the drawing board.

I've tried those eraser tips that go on the end of a pencil, but they won't stay on the mechanical triangular ending. I've tried taking refill erasers for those long mechanical erasers and using an exacto knife to cut them to size, but they never seem to stay in right... It's hard to get the triangular shape to fit perfectly enough that it doesn't come loose when the kids actually erase...

Does anyone have any other ideas that work? We love(d) these pencils dearly, but the lack of eraser refills is a serious problem for us at this point!

We have separate erasers to use, as well - the issue is more these tiny ones getting lost (lots of small kids) and then the lead falling out of the pencils.

And I'm not committed to papermate - but the 1.3mm size makes a HUGE difference for my kids over the 0.7mm size in terms of breakage.

• Like 1

After the erasers get worn down, we leave them in there and put the old style pencil cap erasers on top.  They don't fit perfectly and stay on very well, but she has learned to be careful and hold the eraser while erasing. We have never had a problem with lead falling out.  I guess that is bc we have never gotten rid of the worn erasers.

• Like 1

You can put a tiny cotton balls or any paper ,stuff it in place of the eraser(to avoid the lead falling out ) and take it out with a help of a regular pencil or pen tip when you want to refill leads in the pencil.

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with this particular pencil. Are you referring to these? If so, it looks like everyone else is in the same boat as you are. There are a bunch of questions for that product that have to do with buying replacement erasers & all the answers say that they don't sell them. A few tell how they trimmed down other eraser types to fit.

We use .9mm mechanical pencils (also Papermate or Pentel twist erase) because I can buy the replaceable erasers in bulk.

Huh. We love those 1.3mm pencils. They are pretty much the only pencils we have in the house anymore. They are even my favorite pencils because they are nice and chunky and don't hurt my arthritic hands but still write well. I've not had an issue at all with the erasers getting used up. We've lost a couple that were pulled off by a curious 5 year old but when we bought the starter kits at back to school last year, they came with extra lead and erasers. We haven't even used up all those extra erasers yet. Maybe wait until back to school sales start next month and look around then?

I just checked all our pencils, each one only has one piece of lead in it so no lead falling out issues. Maybe you could hot glue or super glue the eraser to the pencil so that it cannot be pulled off and just refill the pencil from the other end.