Menu

Daily Grammar Practice (DGP)

I use it with only the TG, no student book. The TG gives background into on the sentence, and has teaching points that add to the lessons each week. I would find it very difficult to use without the TG.

Now if you want to save $, you do not need the student book. I dictate the sentence on Monday (replacing Thursday's task). I have my kids leave three notebook spaces between lines so they can complete the grammar lessons on subsequent days. Easy peasy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TracyP said:

I use it with only the TG, no student book. The TG gives background into on the sentence, and has teaching points that add to the lessons each week. I would find it very difficult to use without the TG.

Now if you want to save $, you do not need the student book. I dictate the sentence on Monday (replacing Thursday's task). I have my kids leave three notebook spaces between lines so they can complete the grammar lessons on subsequent days. Easy peasy.

Thanks.  I just ordered it yesterday with both.  So you like it and it's working?  My kids can already diagram pretty well.  I'm just mainly looking for something to keep them going so they don't forget, and this seems like it's not too overwhelming. 

19 hours ago, kristin0713 said:

Thanks.  I just ordered it yesterday with both.  So you like it and it's working?  My kids can already diagram pretty well.  I'm just mainly looking for something to keep them going so they don't forget, and this seems like it's not too overwhelming. 

I have levels 5 and 8. It is perfect for what you are describing. It is great reinforcement and practice of grammar concepts they already know. The lessons are incredibly easy to implement, but the sentences themselves are interesting and challenging. I can't see using it as my only grammar program, but it is great for years that I want to focus on subjects other than grammar.