Menu

Literature/English Course to go along with World Geography

I have World Geography planned for my dd for 9th grade next year and I'm still trying to decide what to do for her English credit.  I'm definitely learning that a course, as opposed to cobbling together materials, is going to work better for us (especially me) to keep her on track.  She loves to read and her writing is fine.  I'd be open to two separate courses, though I do want to include both writing (ideally some instruction with this still) and literature.

online courses
Classes By Beth: Online Courses Plus: World Literature

programs
Oak Meadow World Literature
Lightning Literature -- World Lit 1 (1 semester) -- Asia, Africa, Middle East +  World Lit 2 (1 semester) -- Asia, S. America
Excellence in Literature: World Lit. (1 year -- 3 ancient works, 2 medieval works, rest are 19th century works)

textbooks with teaching material
Prentice Hall Literature World Masterpieces
World Literature (Rinehart & Holt) -- lit. excerpts, analytical questions, intro info, author bios
Classics in World Literature (Scott Foresman) -- historical background; author bios, discussion questions, writing prompts, explanation of literary terms, breakaway sections that cover types of writing or literary elements common to that time period

"DIY" -- ideas for lit. in these past threads
"World History and corresponding Lit."
"World Lit suggestions"
"World Literature"

• Like 2