Menu

No Spend June 4-June 9

mama25angels

I've been too busy to post on these threads for a bit, but the house is finally done so I can start thinking about my spending again.  It has been on the market for less than a day and we already have an offer and 5 showings today!  the offer was a good one that will recoup the renovation costs and give us a nice bit of equity!

For the next month we are on a strict no spend of nonessentials because it has been so crazy with spending during the reno that we need to reset our mindsets.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

I've been too busy to post on these threads for a bit, but the house is finally done so I can start thinking about my spending again.  It has been on the market for less than a day and we already have an offer and 5 showings today!  the offer was a good one that will recoup the renovation costs and give us a nice bit of equity!

For the next month we are on a strict no spend of nonessentials because it has been so crazy with spending during the reno that we need to reset our mindsets.

Wow!!!!!

Congrats!

26 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Congratulations!!

Well that was fast! We accepted the offer and now just sit back and wait to hear about how the inspection goes.  We'll be getting roughly $20,000 after the mortgage balance, closing costs, and renovation costs are paid.  Had we not done the renovations we would have not gotten any money back and the house would have likely sat for a while.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Well that was fast! We accepted the offer and now just sit back and wait to hear about how the inspection goes.  We'll be getting roughly $20,000 after the mortgage balance, closing costs, and renovation costs are paid.  Had we not done the renovations we would have not gotten any money back and the house would have likely sat for a while.

Amazing.  So happy for you.  

What are your plans now?  Are you living with your parents right now? 

7 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Amazing.  So happy for you.  

What are your plans now?  Are you living with your parents right now? 

Yes, we have been living with my parents for the last 8 weeks while we got the house ready. We will likely be at this house for a minimum of a year more likely 2.  The current plan is to find land to buy with 2 of my siblings and to build 3 houses on it.  2 for them and 1 for my family and my parents. So we will be socking away all our previous household bills in order to save as much as possible for that plan.  If that plan changes we will still be looking for a house with my parents because they need something that has a bedroom and bath on the first floor.  We're buying with them because right now they are gone half the year so sharing the house payments will save everyone a lot of money and they won't have to worry about maintaining a huge house.

3 hours ago, hjffkj said:

Yes, we have been living with my parents for the last 8 weeks while we got the house ready. We will likely be at this house for a minimum of a year more likely 2.  The current plan is to find land to buy with 2 of my siblings and to build 3 houses on it.  2 for them and 1 for my family and my parents. So we will be socking away all our previous household bills in order to save as much as possible for that plan.  If that plan changes we will still be looking for a house with my parents because they need something that has a bedroom and bath on the first floor.  We're buying with them because right now they are gone half the year so sharing the house payments will save everyone a lot of money and they won't have to worry about maintaining a huge house.

I really like this plan, I've always wanted to do something like this with my siblings.