Menu

What's with the ads?

Ktgrok

Prayer thread?

Can we have an ongoing thread of prayer requests and maybe praises and such? Obviously if there is something big and urgent it could be made a separate thread, but for the everyday stuff, maybe post it here? If y'all think this should be moved to a club or something let me know. 

I'll start:

Requesting prayers for my dumb hound dog, Tracker, who has a swollen paw (pretty sure it is an insect sting...he's had benedryl and able to walk on it now..vet opens at 1pm if he needs to go in), for safe travels for my DS 18 who is driving to the coast today and back to go kayaking (he's a fairly new driver), and for my kids to stay healthy (one was sick recently) so they can attend VBS tomorrow - they look forward to it all year. 

Edited to add - DD8 now has a very low grade fever..sigh. It was a 24 hour bug for DS so hoping she rebounds quickly.

tracker paw.jpg

• Like 5

I’m game!   I’d also be interested in a group if you choose to go that route, Katie. 

Praying for you and yours.  Praying ds has a wonderful and safe time!   I’m sorry the kids have been sick.  I started having a sore throat yesterday, so perhaps it’s making the rounds?  Praying they stay well and enjoy VBS!  (Ps... I love hearing about your dog, lol) 

my grandmother died Friday and we were very close.  I have anxiety and panic disorder.  Her graveside service is Wednesday and I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it.  My parents will try to guilt trip me.   The anxiety from the funeral coupled with driving 4hrs round trip will hurt my bladder (I have interstitial cystitis) which in turn, will cause me to have a fibromyalgia flare.   I do not want to go.   I do not like funerals at all.  I do want to celebrate her which is why I’m planning a trip for my dh and I to visit the town she grew up in soon.   But the funeral?  I just don’t think I can do it. But I’m danged if I do, danged if I don’t.   Please send prayers that I’ll decide what I need to do, reject the guilt trip, and not experience more stress.  Thank you! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I'm so sorry about your grandmother! And unless you think your mom can't make it through without you or something I can't imagine your grandmother would want you to injure yourself to attend. Praying for peace. 

Mini update! I can now see individual toes on the dogs paw and he is not limping at all! And, even better, my daughters temperature is back to normal. She has a fever and her allergies are always worse in the morning. Mine have been bothering me too so I think maybe that was what it was. She is certainly not acting sick at all. Keeping her home from church today with my husband but praying she is well for vacation Bible school tomorrow. She looks forward to this all year. Husband is under orders to keep her resting and hydrated while I am gone. And I gave her Elderberry And vitamin D.

• Like 7

I would welcome all prayers and good wishes for my husband.  I have mentioned in another thread I started that he had some lab work come back abnormal:  hemoglobin, iron, hematocrit, thyroid (various thyroid tests...all indicating hyperthyroid),  low vitamin D.  His heart rate is also low.  Running in the 50s in the office. I am doing twice daily heart rate checks on him and it is consistently running higher for me, with the occasional upper 50s.   We have changed his entire diet.  He goes back for a recheck on the HGB, HCT, and iron in one week.  In about 7 weeks he will have the vit.. d and thyroid rechecked.  On June 18th he has the rest of his physical.  At that visit they are doing an ECG and if it is abnormal, he is off to cardiology.  I am fervently praying for a miracle.  For the next set of labs to be normal, for the ECG to be normal.   I don't have the brain space to think too hard about the vit d and thyroid.     For those that didn't read my other thread, the dr is thinking the HGB, HCT, and iron all off due to dehydration....so there is a decent chance that with the complete diet overhaul they should be hopefully moving into normal levels.   As for the heart rate, it appears this has been going on for a minimum of 1 1/2 years and he wasn't informed.  Meaning, he has been okay and healthy appearing.  So I am so praying the ECG is normal.  On my HR checks, I have not picked up an irregular heart beat. 

I waiver between extreme peace that this is all okay and trying to brace myself that it may not be.   I don't have anyone in real life to talk to and support me.  I would be very grateful for all prayers and good wishes.

• Like 3

A homeschooling mama in our church has just been diagnosed with a brain tumor.  She has a PET scan Wednesday and surgery on Friday.  Please pray for her young kids and husband.  

Another friend’s husband is going to Texas this week for kidney treatment and testing and likely additional cancer treatment too.  They’ve really been on my heart.

We are doing well except that Benny has another seizure yesterday and it was of a different type than his usual.  He hasn’t had any breakthrough seizures in a few months and the differing type is worrisome too.  He could use some prayer that it was a one-off!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Praying for your husband, Peace Love, and for Benny and your friends, Arctic mama. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

Praying for your husband, Peace Love, and for Benny and your friends, Arctic mama. 

Thank you Katie.  And your poor puppy! That dog is quite a hurricane of crazy and bikinis, but so adorable.

I don’t think my friend and her husband have left for treatment yet, but they’re really worried he is too weak to travel.  I just wish there was more we could do but God is there with them even when we cannot be.  It was just a really hard morning for news though, lots of tears at church today ?

6 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

A homeschooling mama in our church has just been diagnosed with a brain tumor.  She has a PET scan Wednesday and surgery on Friday.  Please pray for her young kids and husband.  

Another friend’s husband is going to Texas this week for kidney treatment and testing and likely additional cancer treatment too.  They’ve really been on my heart.

We are doing well except that Benny has another seizure yesterday and it was of a different type than his usual.  He hasn’t had any breakthrough seizures in a few months and the differing type is worrisome too.  He could use some prayer that it was a one-off!

Praying.  I am so sorry. 

• Like 1

can I ask for prayers for me?   that I can get the tests I need to actually determine what is happening?  I think that is my biggest fear - that we won't get to the bottom of what is actually going on.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

can I ask for prayers for me?   that I can get the tests I need to actually determine what is happening?  I think that is my biggest fear - that we won't get to the bottom of what is actually going on.

Yes, I’ll pray for you along with the other ladies.  I completely understand your fear as I sit here with no firm diagnosis, too.  It’s awful ?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

Of course!   I just said a prayer for you.  The unknown is awful.

• Like 1

Can I ask for prayers that our house sells quickly? It went on the market today and I'm a nervous wreck. We put a lot of work into it the last 7 weeks and I'm exhausted and ready to be done with it. 

• Like 2

A friend had a miscarriage in the last week and ended up needing a blood transfusion.  Please pray for her and her family.

I will pray for all you you ladies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'd like to add on to this if that's ok? 

A dear friend of our family (like an uncle) is having his yearly PET scan tomorrow. He has stage 4 lung cancer and it's been in remission. I'm praying that it stays in remission and he can enjoy another year with his family. They've been through a lot over the past few years and I'm really anxious about his scan tomorrow. 

I'm adding everyone to my prayer list as well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

of course!!!! Praying for wisdom for your doctors and for clarity and healing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hjffkj said:

Can I ask for prayers that our house sells quickly? It went on the market today and I'm a nervous wreck. We put a lot of work into it the last 7 weeks and I'm exhausted and ready to be done with it. 

Praying you sell quickly and easily.

2 hours ago, Mama Geek said:

A friend had a miscarriage in the last week and ended up needing a blood transfusion.  Please pray for her and her family.

I will pray for all you you ladies.

Praying for healing and strength.

10 minutes ago, Amanda Pugliese said:

I'd like to add on to this if that's ok? 

A dear friend of our family (like an uncle) is having his yearly PET scan tomorrow. He has stage 4 lung cancer and it's been in remission. I'm praying that it stays in remission and he can enjoy another year with his family. They've been through a lot over the past few years and I'm really anxious about his scan tomorrow. 

I'm adding everyone to my prayer list as well. 

Praying for good results!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

If anyone follows Catholic All Year, this is Kendra's husband's blog....his melanoma has returned, stage four. https://fortitudine-withfortitude.blogspot.com

I do not know who this is, but peeked at his blog.  My gosh, he is young and has such young children.  I will pray for him. 

Update: DD feels better and was able to go to VBS! And the dog's paw is back to normal. So grateful! 

The baby is now sick, but having seen the course the others took I'm not too concerned. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, peacelovehomeschooling said:

I do not know who this is, but peeked at his blog.  My gosh, he is young and has such young children.  I will pray for him. 

Thank you. His wife has a Catholic Homeschool/Family blog, and she and I have corresponded a few times when I've asked her for advice/prayers. Seeing his cancer return broke my heart. He is so incredibly...brave doesn't seem the right term...but something. And yes, 9 young children. 

• Sad 2

Just now, Ktgrok said:

Update: DD feels better and was able to go to VBS! And the dog's paw is back to normal. So grateful! 

The baby is now sick, but having seen the course the others took I'm not too concerned. 

Yay!!!  These are wonderful updates....except baby being sick.  I hope it passes quickly and all illness is soon gone.

I would also love prayers for several struggles. Right now I am struggling with my relationship with God and my faith in general. I am not “feeling” a relationship with Him and understand that it is due to my faults but most of the time I feel so blah when I try to read my Bible or pray. It doesn’t fee like there is a connection. Almost like He is so far away and waiting on me to reach out in the right way but I don’t know how to or seem to be doing it wrong. 

I am also having a couple of medical issues. I believe I must be starting menopause because I haven’t had my monthly in two months now even though previously I have had issues with them being extreme and having to take medication to help a few months back. I took a pregnancy test even though I knew the answer was negative. I am only 43 but my mom and aunts went through it early. I am not sleeping great, have the most embarrassing issue of incontinence lately which I hate to admit even though I know it’s normal after 6 kids ranging from 8.5-10 lbs, General moodiness with some depression at times, ringing ears nearly constantly, and swelling feet. The ear ringing and swelling feet are extremely difficult to cope with. I have been to doctor about both. It was thought my blood pressure meds could be related to ear ringing and it got better for a short time with new medication but has returned. The swelling feet happen any time I am not in bed with them up. I am on a fluid pill along with another pill that I take for a separate reason but one of its benefits is lowering blood pressure and helping remove fluid. I also take a regular bp pill. My bp is just borderline high without medication but for some reason I can’t get control of the fluid.  I constantly breathe heavily and am winded without exertion which according to doctor is due to fluid. The meds helped right away but it seems the last few months it hasn’t been working. Not sure if it has anything to do with hormones. My weight has increased lately, I’m plus sized,  but when pills are working great I will see an 8 lb difference on the days I don’t have swollen feet. I can’t seem to lose no matter what I try. So please pray for that as well. I just feel tired of it all almost to tired to worry about it. 

Lastly last week my suburban’s motor broke and it will cost $6000 to repair it. We just spent $3600 a few months back and it wiped our savings. We have looked at other options but due to finances, we can not afford anything that seats us all that is newer or less miles so we have to repair ours. We had to take money out of IRA to pay for it as that was our only option. Then today my sons truck was put in shop and it is costing $650 for repairs due tomorrow. His truck is what we have been using til we can fix mine so we can’t wait to fix it. Even though his isn’t ideal, only seats 4, we have managed but he has a new job and has to have it back. Plus he is leaving for college out of state in a couple months. Basically his has to be fixed. Then lastly our air conditioner went out in a portion of our house so we have to buy a new. It’s a window air so not super expensive but still in the south, it’s too hot with no air. 

I am am trying to trust God with all these things and praying that he will provide but struggling because I don’t feel I am good enough to ask those things of him. See 1st paragraph. So basically I am struggling financially, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I am sorry this is so long but could use your prayers. I’ll probably delete this in the future since it’s so much info but  until then thank you for letting me vent and for reading. 

• Like 1

Oh, honey, of course you are good enough to ask him! God doesn't make junk, and he made you in his image, as his precious daughter. Your health issues are making it hard to feel that right now, but it's true. You don't have to feel it for it to be true. "Lord, I believe. Please help my unbelief."

I will pray your doctor's get things figured out, and for strength for you in the meantime. 

As for your spiritual life, maybe try something different? Listen to a new podcast that is different than your normal thing, or read some different books? Attend a different church service just as a one off? 

Oh, and this book was really good...maybe see if your library has it? https://www.amazon.com/Other-Side-Fear-Found-Peace/dp/1612789668

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Longramblings,

That’s a LOT going on.  Death by a thousand cuts.  Praying for you here too ?

Thanks. Strange that with all this I am not as stressed as I usually am. I don't know if its due to my tiredness, mild depression/hormones, or God helping me be at peace but I am more calm than I usually am. I would say its God but I don't have lots of experience in being great with trusting Him to work things out. I usually try to take control of them and with this I just feel like I just can't do that any more. I am disconnecting and saying God you have to handle this because I am tired of spinning my wheels and getting nowhere. If this is faith, then I guess that is good. If not, maybe you can advise me on how to be a better Christian. 

• Like 1

That’s been my experience of faith in some times of my life.  It’s just that collapsing into a heap and recognizing that he has this, because I certainly don’t.  

• Like 2

Everyone's requests have been in my prayers.

Keep the house prayers going.  12 hours on the market and we already got an offer, a pretty good one too!  But we have 4 showings scheduled for today so we'll let those happen before making a decision.

• Like 4

Adding all of you to my prayers. 

I got divorced today I could use prayers too please. 

• Sad 5

I've added everyone to my prayers. 

Katie, I'm glad everyone in your house (people and puppy) are on the mend! 

hjffkj- here's hoping for some more great offers after today's showings. 

We're doing a neat book study in church, which is having us carve some time out each day for quiet reflection, journaling and prayer. This thread came along at a great time. 

1 hour ago, jrn said:

Adding all of you to my prayers. 

I got divorced today I could use prayers too please. 

Oh...prayers for sure. Even when it is for the best, it's still such a hard thing. An amputation, rather than the breaking of a contract. Like an amputation, sometimes it is needed, but it's still traumatic. 

Hugs. 

• Like 1

We have accepted an offer on the house!  Continued prayers while it goes through the process of inspection and all that.  

• Like 6

We have accepted an offer on the house!  Continued prayers while it goes through the process of inspection and all that.  

Wow, that was fast!!! Congrats, and continued prayers!!!

2 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

Wow, that was fast!!! Congrats, and continued prayers!!!

Thank you. Yes, it was so fast,.

I am stepping out of my comfort zone today and going to a mom’s group meeting at my church. I’ve tried this once before and didn’t quite feel comfortable please pray that it goes well. Or that it is obvious that it is an a fit, if it isn’t. Really trying to meet more Christian friends. I don’t actually have any in real life.I am stepping out of my comfort zone today and going to a mom’s group meeting at my church. I’ve tried this once before and didn’t quite feel comfortable please pray that it goes well. Or that it is obvious that it is an a fit, if it isn’t. Really trying to meet more Christian friends. I don’t actually have any in real life.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

I am stepping out of my comfort zone today and going to a mom’s group meeting at my church. I’ve tried this once before and didn’t quite feel comfortable please pray that it goes well. Or that it is obvious that it is an a fit, if it isn’t. Really trying to meet more Christian friends. I don’t actually have any in real life.I am stepping out of my comfort zone today and going to a mom’s group meeting at my church. I’ve tried this once before and didn’t quite feel comfortable please pray that it goes well. Or that it is obvious that it is an a fit, if it isn’t. Really trying to meet more Christian friends. I don’t actually have any in real life.

I realized about a year ago that my only Catholic friends were all family members. None of my friends were even Christian.  Because of that I join a catholic homeschool group that is essentially just a playtime get together once a week.  Sometimes we do field trips.  From there, I participated in a woman's study group for a few weeks.  It was way out of my comfort zone but I'm glad I did it. I made one good friend in that process which is worth it.  All that to say, I hope it goes well.

• Like 1

I realized about a year ago that my only Catholic friends were all family members. None of my friends were even Christian.  Because of that I join a catholic homeschool group that is essentially just a playtime get together once a week.  Sometimes we do field trips.  From there, I participated in a woman's study group for a few weeks.  It was way out of my comfort zone but I'm glad I did it. I made one good friend in that process which is worth it.  All that to say, I hope it goes well.

Same boat except I don’t even have any Catholic family members. I am a convert. And my husband isn’t Catholic either. 

I did go, and everyone was very nice. I feel like maybe I talk to more than I should have, but otherwise it was good. Lots of kids, lots of chaos. It was the first time I’ve ever been in a group of women were most people have lots of kids, LOL. Normally I’m the only one with more than two children. And I asked and they said it would be fine to bring the older kids. Today they were in vacation Bible school, but I can bring them anytime. And there is one more member who wasn’t there today who does homeschool. Thank you for the prayers I felt them.Thank you for the prayers I felt them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ktgrok said:

Same boat except I don’t even have any Catholic family members. I am a convert. And my husband isn’t Catholic either. 

I did go, and everyone was very nice. I feel like maybe I talk to more than I should have, but otherwise it was good. Lots of kids, lots of chaos. It was the first time I’ve ever been in a group of women were most people have lots of kids, LOL. Normally I’m the only one with more than two children. And I asked and they said it would be fine to bring the older kids. Today they were in vacation Bible school, but I can bring them anytime. And there is one more member who wasn’t there today who does homeschool. Thank you for the prayers I felt them.Thank you for the prayers I felt them.

I am so glad it went well. It is so hard to put yourself out there. I think people think that introverts are the only ones that have it hard at get togethers but as an extrovert, I always second guess whether or not I talked too much. Self doubt is a bad thing. I will continue to pray it goes well from now on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

I am just now catching up on the thread, so obviously just seeing this.  I am glad it went well and hope that you are able to find some new friends.  Stepping out like you did today is just so very hard.  We have been at our church for a year and I still haven't made any friends and really don't know anyone.  While they have Sunday School for the kids up through High School, the adult programs are held in member's homes during the week (they have Wed night programs at church too).   I admit, I hate that.  It is impossible right now for me to go to anything outside of my home during the evenings during the week.   I really like our church and feel it is a good fit for us.  But I want (and need) at least one or two friends and was so hoping to have some by now.   It would be nice if they had some small groups that met at the church on Sunday morning before church.

18 minutes ago, peacelovehomeschooling said:

I am just now catching up on the thread, so obviously just seeing this.  I am glad it went well and hope that you are able to find some new friends.  Stepping out like you did today is just so very hard.  We have been at our church for a year and I still haven't made any friends and really don't know anyone.  While they have Sunday School for the kids up through High School, the adult programs are held in member's homes during the week (they have Wed night programs at church too).   I admit, I hate that.  It is impossible right now for me to go to anything outside of my home during the evenings during the week.   I really like our church and feel it is a good fit for us.  But I want (and need) at least one or two friends and was so hoping to have some by now.   It would be nice if they had some small groups that met at the church on Sunday morning before church.

I know you will hate me saying this, but you know the best way to make that happen is to offer to start it up, right? Or maybe message whomever coordinates the small groups and suggest a brunch group?

And almost every mom there said they were hesitant to come at first, and that they really felt like that loved the parish but hadn't made any friends there. So you probably are not alone in how you feel. 

• Like 1