Menu

More prayers/good vibes/good thoughts

My three year old, Caden(most of you know his name as he is my 28 weeker you prayed so much for) is having an MRI tomorrow along with some other testing.  He’ll be under deep sedation, and even though the medical professional in my head is telling me it’s perfectly safe, my mom heart is like omg.

He is regressing developmentally; his speech is at a twelve month level along with numerous other developmental delays.  So we’re getting the MRI done to rule out a lot of things and to discover how prematurity affected his brain.  We’ll be at the children’s hospital at the University of Rochester, and they are fantastic and skilled, but my husband can’t go(they literally scheduled this yesterday and he can’t rearrange what he had planned) and my mom heart is worrying both about the test and the results.

So if you remember around 0800 tomorrow morning ET, would you say a prayer for us or send good rainbow vibes our way?  

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

I will be praying.

If it helps, my 10 month old had an MRI with sedation last month. I felt the same kind of anxiety about it, but everything was fine. And we found out a lot of important information.

• Like 3

Hugs and prayers to you and Caden! I remember being a nervous wreck when my 9-month old had surgery - I was so worried about the sedation, but it all turned out fine. I hope all goes well for Caden, too.

Prayers and hugs and good thoughts, mom.  Our kiddo went through MRI sedated and came through just fine. Hope you get some answers that will help caden thrive.

I will pray for you all now! Waiting on test results is the worst kind of wait because we can all conjure up so many scenarios...and you are a medical professional yourself. My SIL who is a nurse says this makes it even worse.

Hugs!

I don’t have an update, except the test is taking longer than they thought, and he’s still doing well under sedation.

I will let you all know all is well before we start home.  I feel the prayers sitting out in the waiting room.  I know it’s a routine test, but I’m still Mom ifykwim.

• Like 9