Menu

District say they don't think ds can take PSATs - what to do now?

4 hours ago, mirabillis said:

i find that ledger list to be pretty thorough. if they're offering the class, they are giving the exam. that's how we have found ap exam locations nearby

I found out that the local school gives at least the AP Calc exam but doesn't have a syllabus approved for anything in the last couple of years. So, it doesn't look like they give any exams. The math teacher there told me a few years ago that they do the AP Stats test, but again, no approved syllabus. So, YMMV. (I haven't checked to see if they will let my DD#1 take the AP Calc exam next year, but I will check with the math teacher first because the guidance counselor doesn't allow any outsiders to take the PSAT there.)

On the comment below, you can also give one of the SAT practice tests (on paper), input their answers into Khan, and get the same benefits (for just the cost of printing the test). I believe Khan has two PSAT tests, but I don't think you can input them the same way as the practice SATs.

4 hours ago, 2_girls_mommy said:

haven't read all of these, but the nice thing about doing the PSAT10 in the sophomore year is that it links your college board account to Kahn Academy. Then your child actually gets walked through the problems they missed and how to do them. And it then creates a study guide directly for them on what they need to work on for the exam.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RootAnn said:

On the comment below, you can also give one of the SAT practice tests (on paper), input their answers into Khan, and get the same benefits (for just the cost of printing the test). I believe Khan has two PSAT tests, but I don't think you can input them the same way as the practice SATs.

This is nice to know.  Now could I ever figure it out and actually accomplish that?? I don't know. But one of my kids probably could. We loved how easy the PSAT linked up on its own though.

• Haha 1