Menu

Good place to find online tutors in foreign languages?

Link has done a couple years of basic Japanese, but doesn't have much under his belt yet.  He doesn't want to continue with the same program he currently uses because it's harder for him, not having someone speaking to him except in a once a week lesson (which is just a video, not interactive at all).

So I'm on the lookout for good places to find tutors for foreign languages, especially Japanese at this time!  I looked on Outschool.com and they had a couple, but was just wondering what other possibilities are out there.

TIA!

We have had good luck with iTalki.com for live language practice. You can choose from different types of teachers (price ranges) to fit your needs. We found a low cost tutor to help just wish conversation. 

Also, we recently found Nihongo Shark for Japanese and my teen loves it. It's snarky and has a slight attitude. It's not a formal curriculum, but an excellent way to learn Japanese.  He has great advice for mastering the language.  It was written for adults, not children. But I find it acceptable for my teens.