Menu

What's with the ads?

Kinsa

Should I??? I'm so tempted...

I'm so tempted to buy this... just because I can... 

Now don't you go buyin' it out from under me, ya hear!

Screenshot_20180530-170806.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

Only if you get a hot pink wig and a furry track suit. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Quill said:

Only if you get a hot pink wig and a furry track suit. 

Ooooo.... *thinking deep thoughts*...*envisioning the possibilities*...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think it needs eyelashes too. 

Your very own art car! Set the standard for all other WTM moms to aspire to! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Oh. MY. GOSH.  This looks so much like one that was in my Texas town!  It disappeared a little over a year ago.  I wonder if this is what happened to it. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

there's only one horn . . . . .  and that looks too zebra for cattle country . . .

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

there's only one horn . . . . .  and that looks too zebra for cattle country . . .

Awwww... c'mon... ?

• Like 1

Man, fix the transmission and ignition, then slap a flag on it, and you'll be all set for parades, too.  The most elderly veterans would sit in the back seat and the more nimble ones could hop up on the bench on the trunk.  Brilliant idea, that bench.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I drove a Cadillac about that size when I was a teen.  My dad figured the more steel surrounding us as new drivers, the better.  We called this car the "cowboy car" because it was crying out to be accessorized with longhorn horns.  Apparently, the this type of car does truly need them.

• Haha 1

LOL, and here I figured you were going to ask us something along the lines of should you bring home a kitten!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i have to admit to googling cow horns on amazon one night, trying to figure out how to attach them to my small fiat 550e...because it would be such an odd combo ? and because I like cows....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First, I love that the options to start it are either a new ignition or, ya know, just hot wire it. I had a fleeting thought about someone trying to explain to the local cops why they would hot wire their own car. Then I realized that everyone in the area would know who bought “The Beast” and it wouldn’t be an issue at all  

Second, it took me a bit, but I realized that there’s only half a set of horns on the hood. What happened to the right horn? 

• Like 3

Karen you will not only need a new Transmission for it. You will need an Oil Well.  Gas Guzzler...   Have you seen that place (I think it is near Amarillo) where they have a lot of Cadillac's  planted Nose down into the ground?  Possibly it is called the Cadillac Ranch?  You can probably find photos of that if you Google it. 

ETA:  Oh. It has an Ignition problem in addition to the Transmission problem.  I wonder how many other issues, after being parked for a few years. The tires, belts, hoses, etc. will all need to be replaced.

Edited by Lanny
add ETA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bethben said:

I drove a Cadillac about that size when I was a teen.  My dad figured the more steel surrounding us as new drivers, the better.  We called this car the "cowboy car" because it was crying out to be accessorized with longhorn horns.  Apparently, the this type of car does truly need them.

My first car was about that size too - same reasoning from my dad. I ended up giving it to a friend to use in the demolition derby when it ran into engine trouble - he won since the car was practically indestructible!

Never thought about longhorns; we thought it needed a shag rug roof as it was gold like a true "pimp car".

• Like 1

Karen here's a link with information on the Cadillac Ranch. You are relatively close and should swing by there and take a look in person...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g30165-d144342-Reviews-Cadillac_Ranch-Amarillo_Texas.html

As you can see it has 4 out of 5 on TripAdvisor.com which is THE travel web site.

Enjoy your trip to Amarillo!

• Thanks 1

Oh. Um. As an art piece... that's... Well, it wouldn't quite work where I live, but... Is one of your boys bringing home a girl you don't like?

• Haha 1

I love the description of events the owners took this car!  Does everyone go to rodeos, car rallies, clown acts and chili cook-offs in Texas?  Are the clowns part of the rodeos, as in rodeo clowns, or are these clown-only shows?  Rodeos were common growing up in Alberta, but I haven't experiences these other events.

I think this car would make a great float for a parade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, brehon said:

First, I love that the options to start it are either a new ignition or, ya know, just hot wire it. I had a fleeting thought about someone trying to explain to the local cops why they would hot wire their own car. Then I realized that everyone in the area would know who bought “The Beast” and it wouldn’t be an issue at all  

Second, it took me a bit, but I realized that there’s only half a set of horns on the hood. What happened to the right horn? 

When we were first married we had an old Ford pickup that was "key optional". One of the neighbors asked to borrow it since it was one of those trucks you could NOT ruin by dumping loads of dirt and gravel in the bed (because no one would be able to tell the difference before and after).  I had no idea where the key was, so I just told him he could use it if he could hot wire it.  Ah, those carefree days gone by ....

• Like 1

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was the song "Earl's Dead - Cadillac for Sale" by Jimmy Buffett. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1