Menu

Question about how to do a transcript for and Early Graduate

Help! I need the expertise offered here regarding my dd transcript. She was very motivated to finish her coursework early (in three years rather than four) in anticipation of her college auditions taking place in her senior year. She has since decided that she no longer wants to audition and would like to apply to an art and design school. The school has rolling admission so she can still apply but I now have a transcript with a blank 12th-grade year. I was planning on having her do her last year of classes using the Early College program at U of A so that she could start working on Gen Ed. Req. (which we will still do as a backup if she does not get in) but I want to present her transcript in a way that won't hurt her chances of admission. I am not sure how to build an alternative transcript or if I want to do that because I try to stay fairly traditional as I am an accredited homeschool. Any advice you could offer would be GREATLY appreciated!

VPA no name copy.docx

Our umbrella school specializes in gifted kids who take early/alternative approaches as well as life and work experience.

When our administrator makes the high school transcript, it doesn't contain grades, just the course and credits.  Also, be sure to include things like Home Economics which can be half a year of high school credit if your dd can clean, cook well, do dishes, laundry, etc.  Include Driver's Ed which is also half a year credits.  Include anything that she spends a lot of time on, whether it's for PE, or even hobbies outside of the things you've already thought of. Be sure to stretch your mind and consider that she may have more credits than you may at first think.  

Anyway, in this way, there is no "blank" 12th grade year.  The transcript is organized by subject and the high school years are listed across the top.  ie 8/2015- 6/2018

For her own records and auditing purposes she does keep a separate general transcript, which is organized by year.  That is ongoing and includes all of the students grades from the years the student was with the school.  

Thank you so much Calming Tea. Do you mean a separate School Profile? I do have a complete School profile, also separated by school year and grades documenting all books and the curriculum used each year. I guess I am a little confused about what you are suggesting would "look like" ( I know where the art gene in my dd comes from ? ) According to my by-laws I can use appropriate high school classes taken in 8th grade so she has all credits and academic requirements to graduate. I was just trying to see if I could reorganize it so that it didn't look as if she has a big blank space for year 12. 

Our Transcript has across the top all pertinent info (name, birthdate, school name etc.) and then it says high school transcript and then there's a section that has Mathematics, English, History, Science, World Languages, Other Core subjects (these would be required full year courses such as such as PE), and then Electives.  Then the class and the credits are listed within the subject heading instead of the Grade Heading.  So nowhere on the transcript would you really be able to tell (other than a basic guess) which class was taken in grade 9 or 12. You'd just rearrange your beautiful transcript by subject headings instead of grade. ?